Twist of events

I lay sleepless twisting and twirling. I just can't think if I can face anyone tomorrow.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door.
It must be Mike. I unlocked the latch.

I was startled to see that it was none other than the person who declared Allan's engagement.  Ofcourse I do know who he is. He is Allan's dad.

His very presence intimidated me. I was startled.

"whom did you expect wench, your lovers? "he asked with a sarcastic voice.

I was more than perplexed, why on earth is he yelling obscenities at the middle of the night.

"actually, I am sorry. But please do mind your words"i said as anger flared through me.

He laughed hysterically, actually when I heard of the girl who had my son wrapped around her finger I expected someone more..... he broke into a laughter

And now the old man too....

He glared at me with absolute distaste... "what do they see in you? "

I shrugged in reply..  Hating him more and more with very passing second.

Something in back of my head was nudging me to say "hi father in law"
Gosh I hate my mind when it can devise things like this.

"what do you want, to leave my son, Allan? "he said.

"me and Allan,we are not in a relationship. I think you have misunderstood me. It would be better if you leave"i said. My self esteem severely bruised.

"I know, you little wench,Elena Drewstone. Just a whore like your mom, go away if you don't want to end up like her"he said.

"Are you blind Mr, I was here because Candice was getting married. Look around you I have packed. I am leaving. Dare you don't speak about my family. "I said anger flaring through my eyes.

"How insolent, I can destroy you and your filthy family ? "he said with arrogance .

"your son would know of this, We may not be in a relationship but I know Allan will not let any harm come to me"i said grinning.... I know I am being sassy to a multimillionaire but I don't care. He insulted my family.

He stared at me startled for a second. Suddenly a piercing cry distracted us accompanied by siren...

We rushed out to find it was Grandpa's nurse sobbing in panic....

I ran "what... "

Before that Allan yelled"what happened to grandpa?"

I think he is having a heart attack.

we rushed to him to find lying on the bed pale.....

Tears welled up my eyes as I saw him in that state.

Allan rushed to his side, he checked his pulse. His pulse is okay. "Call the ambulance... "he said swooping grandpa in his arms.

Slowly grandpa's eyes opened.... He clutched his chest.....

"doctor has arrived"the nurse declared.

The doctor checked him......

I was shattered, I silently prayed, please god, please don't let him die...

"It's not a heart attack, Bp is a little high.Nothing to worry"he said

Half asleep Mike staggered in "what happened? "he asked.... He was drunk and nearly out and tripping.

Allan gave me a piercing glare as I made Mike to drink... I gave him a what can I do look

Anyway I caught Mike before he fell down.

He limped on me, grinning. He is totally out....

"I will take him out. "I said in the scrutinizing glare of John's parents and rest of the family accompanied by Candice's pleading look.

"stay"i heard a voice....

I turned to see grandpa speaking..... "I need to speak to her"

Everyone was shook...

But they yielded as he insisted....

They all walked away . I was mortified how am I to explain grandpa"

When I reached his side ,he smiled faintly.

"how did I act? "he asked....

I stood there bewildered,.... "or else, they would have chased you off.But Allan is a good guy, he seems to really like you"he said.

"we don't " I started.

"I don't care, but it's an old man's wish for you to start my dream project"he said.
"but everyone here hates me"i said.

"take me with you"he said....

"what "I asked.

He grinned, "if you leave I am coming with you"