An another day

Fear grops me like a tantalalising creeper intertwining, gripping and tying knots in my stomach, an odd feeling of profound anxiety embraces me which I seemed to forget in my momentarily peaceful life.

My eyes search Mike's with an aghast expression. His gaze was grave instituted with foreboding .
He cupped my face with his bare hands, his eyes peering into mine.
An second of silence overpowered us.

Suddenly he knocks on my head and starts laughing as if frogs propped out of my ears.
He chortles so hard that he slipped and landed on his bum, broke a tile or two on the roof in the process.

"for god sake mike, what is so funny?"
I growl as my ears turn hot in fury.

"you, ..."he giggles unable to catch his breath.

"what me"i ask annoyed at his incorrigible attitude.

"you are so stupid "he said now clutching his stomach. " you believe almost everything I bluff. "

"you insipid liar "I cried now fuming with rage.
I aim a perfect kick in his stomach with my leg and started hitting him on a continuous spree.
He caught both my hands empowering me. I glare at him.

"now calm down" he orders"or else we both are gonna tumble down the roof and break our bones"

I push myself away from him so far that I nearly tripped.

"elena"he called

I swiftly turn my head aside showing my disapproval evidently portrayed on my face.

"I am sorry" he begged.

I nay uttered a word.
He edged closer. The soft breeze tingled my hair in the strange stillness of night. I can hear his heavy breath. His close proximity never meant a thing to me before. The strange stillness of the night kindled a feeling I never dreamt I could ever feel with Mike around.

He wrapped his hands around me. I wriggled in response. "shhh" he said..... His arms held an aura into which I gave in gradually .

The inky sky extended like a canopy above us. As the fireflies danced in moonlight. I rested my head on his arms, this very second reminded me of Allan.

However hard I try to stomp Allan out of my life. He seems to invade in the private space of my tangible feelings making a tear or two slip down my cheeks.

I unfurl my eyes to the rays of dawn sizzling through the window sill. It took few seconds to adjust the blinding zeal of light.

I turn around to find myself wrapped in the heap of comfy sheets.
"mike"i warble with my unflossed morning foul odoured teeth.

He is in the kitchen scrambling eggs. I grab a toast and push it into my mouth.

He throws a disgusting sneer at me. I raise my eyebrow in question.

"don't you brush? "he asks

"after eating"i remark.

"really, you are a nasty pigpen "he said.

"just bad influence of mike"i retorted.

"very funny "I divulged and resumed devouring the food.

"eat less you moron, you are turning dead weight"he said.

This time I got up, traipse towards him and emptied the whole lot of scrambled eggs into my plate.

"I am hungry" he cried

"dare you call me obese, If your tongue spurt out to call me fat again, I am gonna let u starve by eating all the food, got it? "I taunt extending the spoon like a weapon.