Allan

My heart skipped a beat or two as I saw his silhouette through the crowd. His hands were intertwined with his girlfriend's. A longing, a deepening sadness and agony replaced by unfathomable amount of frustration and anger creeped in through my bones.

Why am I angry? Why am I sad? I moved on with my life, haven't I?

I just wanted to hide away from his eye sight. I slowly tried to slip away through the rear door. Suddenly a hand blocked the door, hitting my breast. I winced in pain.
Brian looked panicked, I am sorry.  "Are you hurt? "then withdrawing  his hand, confused and embarrassed.

He looked adorable.

He regained his composure "you can't slip away like that, you promised me a dance".

I laughed nervously. Allan is happy, we are not in a relationship. He has moved on,then I should too.

I nodded, taking his hand in mine. Brian's hands are softer than that of mine. I tried my best to squander away from Allan's sight but my inner conscience kicked me hard persuading me to be carefree. Though I was dancing with Brian my attention was all focussed on Allan.

"hey,where are you"Brian called me out to my senses.

I switched to flirting "just checking out the handsome guy in front of me"

"like what you see? "he asked.

"who won't, the hottest singer on the planet"i whispered as I waltzed.

"oh really, the goody shoes Elena do know to flirt"he said pulling me near to him grabbing me by my waist.

I wonder, if I have crossed the line. My aversion, dismay and anger at Allan spiked up my flirty edge.

"what did you expect? "I asked.

He chuckled in boyish handsome way. He pulled me closer as the song slowly raced forward. I tried to convince my brain not to panic and live the moment because Brian is that dream guy everyone crave for.

Suddenly a glass clinked, as I looked grandpa stood there grumpily with an other man who looked as if in his late forties in a million dollars suit accompanied by Allan and his girlfriend.
He extended his glass, in the eve of John's party.  I would like to announce the engagement of my son Allan Hawthorne to beautiful Miss Rindera Derek.

Brian whispered into my ear"She is a fox".

"but she looks perfect with that long spidery legs, tall stature, slender figure and perfect curves. Look at her skin she is like a flawless porcelain doll and above all she is rich"

Look at people like me, we are the frog in the well. Ugly, pathetic and poor.

He pulled me to his side and nudged closer to me. "I think this little frog is more attractive than the plastic model out there. "he said.

I leaned onto him, trying my very best to stifle my tears that forewarned to gush out, as my heart was being crunched and smacked into a thousand pieces.

The ache in my heart was killing me. Nothing nobody said made any sense. I leaned on Brian as I was breaking down from within.

We resumed dancing. I tried to smile as I was wailing inwards. I felt irate and frustrated when I saw her all on Allan

I tried to focus on Brian inching closer to him.

He smelled of some exotic perfume.  What perfume is this, I said after sniffing his coat like a doggie.

He smiled" I am not sure, the brand I was asked to advertise an hour before "

"It smells like candy. "I said.

"wanna take a bite"he asked....

I grinned nervously.....

Suddenly he edged closer, I can feel his breath ,slowly his lips evaded mine, seeking permission which I granted. His lips were soft, I can taste his lipstick. His hands pressed me closer, squeezing me onto him.

elena"Allan's voice resonated.

We broke apart startled. But still Brian held me close.

The entire crowd was staring at me. I desperately yearned to disappear into thin air.

He pushed his fiancee who was clinging at him and harshly grabbed my hand from my Brian who appeared confused .
"Leave me"I whispered as he pulled me away from the crowd "I am not your girl anymore Allan"
"You are mine forever"he said pulling me out of the hall into his car.
I struggled and yelled. He pulled me towards him evading my lips with his. My legs trembled, I was giving in. My brains commands were spurned by my heart.
"you are engaged to an another lady"i shouted pushing him away
"I am not a whore Mr Hawthorne, If you want a girl for your needs go find yourself a mistress".
Anger flared in his eyes.
"out"he yelled.
I staggered out of the car . I removed the heels holding it in my hands and marched away. only if I knew it was easy to move away from his car not from his life.

Brian stood there waiting and bewildered Mike.

I took Brian's hand whispering"i will explain"
He said"you needn't"and kissed me on my cheek. "you still owe me a dance"
I grinned in reply

I walked away from every scrutinizing eye, giving a weak grin to Mike to whom I said"i am tired, I am leaving, you go to the party.... "

I walked away "This is going to be real trouble"
-------
Friends-do tell me,  did you like this part?

What do you think about Brian?

Does anyone still wants Elena to be with Allan?