An ode

The tendrils of light spread a wafty shade of orange in front of my closed eyes. My eyelids felt heavy as if tiny stones are fastened on its lapels. An exhaustion hit me like gush of hot air propelled on and swarming through my body, but I could hear his voice.... The voice that can draw me up from any comatose. The voice I yearn to hear once more. The voice I which rings like the greatest melody in my ears.

The voice that can swarm a million butterflies 🦋 in my stomach, the voice which excites me like a kinder garden girl hearing the bell of the ice cream van in the town. The voice that makes me calm and excited at same time. The voice I cherish...

The voice of his.... My love's, though he whipped and shredded my heart into a million pieces. Pieces that I still shant gather together yet.

I opened my eyes ravenous to catch a glimpse of him..... I lifted my hand towards him. His face was turned away from me. I tried calling out his name, all i could manage was gasps of wind. My throat was parched dry, I tried calling out to him but in vain.

Suddenly my consciousness started drifting aloof, blue dots proliferated my vision, my hand fell limp at my side.

He turned suddenly, calling out my name all i could see was a blurred picture of his face. His features striking as always still managed a garner a faint grin on my lips, the look of concern in his eyes was the only thing that would render me the hope to live a lifetime loving him every second.

My consciousness deserted me.

_________________________________________
I am not sure what day it is, I have regained my consciousness. Mike entered the room with some parchment and some medicines.

You are awake at last he sighed out of relief.

I pointed towards the water which he brought the bottle to my lips which I slurped down in a single sip.

My eyes 👀 searched for Allan. But I knew hallucinations can't be real.
My eyes met the kind eyes of Mike.

How are you feeling? I asked him.

I am alright candy, you are worse than me. Tears welled up my eyes"I thought I lost you Mike"

"Where were you all this time? " I asked and who harmed you.

"I don't know,I went to the washroom in the restaurant and someone called my name " That is all I remember. "Then I was in a room it was pretty furnished and neat but they never let me out.But I heard them discussing when to kill me .And once they left the door half bolted after two days and I ran for my life. They brandished a knife at me, I don't know anything else. I just wanted to see you. Just one more time before i die I wanted to see you... I ran and clambered up in a unknown vehicle.i thought I was dying with all this blood coming out of my body. I just I wanted to see you are safe, I desired to see your face atleast once before I die"he wept with his fingers wrapped around his face. "I thought I wouldn't make it"

"But you did, we did" I said.

"But it is far from over, we have no idea who they are and why do they want us dead. "

"I have told everything I knew to Mr Stanley, that was all I could do" Said Mike.