Since I started working at the gym two weeks ago I feel a lot more at peace, there was no bullying or discriminating we all joke around and call each other brother, it feel so good to be around other guys and not feel left out or inferior, I'm new to it but I'm loving every part of it. Jim is the owner of the gym and my employer I thought he was going to be stuck-up and strict but he is an amazing guy, my job here is to clean the equipments after using  and lock the doors, I also help with other things that need to be done in the gym but when I'm not working Jim and Ryan are both breaking the bones in my body.

"Bye y'all Z keep working hard and we will forget about the dry land crocodile." Freddie said laughing as he and Alex carried their bags walking out of the gym

"I'm leaving too." Jim said walking out of his office. "Zion lock up early this streets ain't safe in the dark." He said packing up his dreads with a rubber band.

"Alright." I answered picking up the wash cloth and mop.

"Be quick with that I'm waiting." Ryan said as he laid down on one of the benches, he waits for me sometimes so we get to trek home together since he doesn't bring his car to the gym.

I was done with cleaning after twenty minutes I placed the things I cleaned with back in the right place. "Hey bro." I tapped his leg waking him up.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Sure let's go." I answered.

"Alright." He stood up as we both walked out of the gym I locked up and put the key in my pocket.

"My whole body hurts." I told Ryan.

"That's normal but it doesn't hurt as much as when you started?"

"No but it's still hurt." I groaned.

"It will get better." He smiled. "I hope you and Carter still cool after all this shit."

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Y'all don't talk?" He asked.

"We do, well she do she still act the same way we do before the whole thing so i think I'm the only one not acting like before." I answered truthfully.

"You don't have to act like a dick to her because she rejected you, I'm sure she has a reason for rejecting you now."

"The only reason I see is she saw me as a kid that needed help and she offered so I think I'm the one who got the wrong message. She's way out of my league she obviously can't be with me." I muttered.

"Didn't y'all kiss?" He asked.

"Yeah a few times." I shrugged.

"Then you are wrong. Let me tell you one thing about Carter she does not mix one thing up with another so if her motive was just to help you alone trust me she would not kiss you at all or get into any intimate activity with you."

"So why did she reject me?"

"She definitely has her reasons trust me but one thing I'm sure of is she likes you a lot and she has for a long time maybe not romantically at the beginning but it is now. If she feels nothing for you she let you know she doesn't play games with people that's the main reason we never dated through out our years of friendship the first time we met I thought she liked me because of how much she got into my business and was ready to help me get my life back together we've been alone in several occasions this girl never made a move on me all she kept talking about was helping me, even when there was nothing in our way. When Carter has a goal she achieve it without any distraction so if she wanted to help you and your brother she would not kiss you or talk about you as much as she does." He said.

"I just can't understand her reasons?"

"Zion if she tell you she have her reason then she have her reasons, Carter is my best friend and I know her you are the only man in her life right now so don't think she rejected you for another person, just because she always look so strong and fearless does not mean she does not have her fear, everybody does so you need to help her see beyond what she is seeing right now."

"What of Michael?"

"Who the fuck is Michael?" He asked.

"This White boy in our school they had something going on before."

"Oh Mike? That dude was just for nuts and she left his ass already, why you worried about that?"

"He just brags a lot."

"Leave that man alone he's playing. I just don't want you to ruin your relationship with Carter. I like the both of you together she smiles more and her anger is not as bad as before since you came here, if you want something you need to fight for it, mark your territory but not too much act like she never said no, hold her hands and do those shit in public show her you are capable even though you can barely do ten push ups." He laughed.

"Shut up man I can do fifteen smooth ones." I chuckled.

"You need to go out of your comfort zone to get what you want sometimes Zion keep that in mind, but don't choke her or make her feel uncomfortable you do it then pull back a little if she wants you you will know."

"Thanks man." I smiled at him.

"Carter be really out here changing you and shit, I still remember the first time I spoke to you when we were planning your wedding." He laughed.

"You think we can complete the preparation I will need guidance." I told him.

"Oh you piped up now trying to get my best friend to the altar already remember she rejected your ass." He chuckled.

"Well I'm now in the league anyway." I shrugged.

"That's true you finally joined the league."

"I need a good welcome party."

"Who throws a rejection party." He said as the both of us burst in laughter.

"Whatever man you coming to the gym tomorrow?" I asked 

"No I need to see Shai, he needs me all day." He answered.

"You work for him?" I asked

"Sometimes." He nodded staring at me

"Okay." I answered, I already understand at least that how he can afford the very comfortable life he is living now.

"Carter knows?" I asked again.

"I think she does she's just act like she don't see it, that girl can really not give a fuck sometimes." He laughed.

"Sounds like her, she does not know the name of her classmates." I told him

"Her ass is mean as fuck." He frowned.

"That's why I like her." I smirked.

"She rejected your ass though."

"Shut up."

"Michael is cute now that I'm thinking about it." He said pulling the tiny beards under his chin.

"Fuck you and Michael." I glared at him.

"You are whipped bro." He chuckled.