“No, I’m alright, Em. It’s just the same old nightmare. No big deal. Plus, it’s the first day at a new school, I can’t miss it!” I murmur, shooting her a warm smile, trying to convince her I was fine.

She nods her head. She isn’t convinced, but she does know its futile arguing with me. The moment she’s out of the room, I throw the covers back and stretch luxuriously. My room, just like the mansion I live in is over the top. Silk anyone?

Sometimes I wonder how many families Haden could support if he sold the mansion. I mean, honestly, nobody needs a home so large, right?

I pull my long black locks into a quick pony tail. I grab my black skinny jeans, red halter neck and towel. My room has an adjoining bathroom. I turn on the water and wait for the tub to fill up, while I sit lazily on the side, running my hand through the warm water. Once it’s full, I strip and slowly climb into the bubbly water.

And by tons of practice, Anderson, the butler, walks into the bathroom, carrying the tray with my breakfast on it. I know it’s weird that I don’t mind Anderson being in the bathroom, but I know for a fact you can’t see anything through the bubbles.

               “Thanks Andy!” I call. He grins at me and leaves as I enjoy my soak and breakfast. Once I’m done, I climb out and dry myself off. I change, brush my teeth and admire my reflection. I’m pretty pale, but seeing that’s the trend right now, that’s fine. What I really hate about myself is my eyes though. It’s sort of a mix of blue and red, so it’s like a violet-ish colour? You can’t possibly tell me thats normal!

I sigh a little as I bend down to pick my bag up. I shoulder it and walk down the spiral staircase. Seriously, if you weren’t used to the mansion, you would totally get lost! That’s how big it is! Ridiculous, isn’t it? Why can’t we live in a two-storey bungalow like everyone else in the neighbourhood?

As I get closer to the kitchen, I hear muffled voices. I push the double doors open dramatically. And sure enough Haden is leaning over the bar, joking playfully with his mates; Alexander and Mathew.

               “Morning sexy ass!” I call out to Haden. He grimaces at me and turns back to his friends who chuckle softly. As I walk pass him, I smack his ass and his lips disappear into a thin line. Haden’s face turns a bright red and he looks thoroughly pissed off!

I grin at him and pull the fridge open. I bend over to grab my coke to a low wolf whistle and a “Your arse ain’t too bad either, baby,” from Alexander.

               “I’m glad you’re enjoying the sight, Alex. But maybe you should take a picture? It’ll last longer,” I retort sassily as I flit through the room. When Alex doesn’t stop staring at my hind quarters I pout and stick my tongue out at him. “Haden! Tell your lecherous friend to stop eye-raping me!” I demand.

               “You expect me to do that after you sexually harassed me?” Haden retorts, smiling slightly.

               “Aww, honey, you know you love me,” I purr, running my finger along his chiselled jaw.

Haden grins at me and hitches his backpack up. He nudges my foot with his sneakers and I grab my bag.

The four of us pile into the car and Haden guns the engine.

Okay, so before you write me off as a total slut; I’m not! I swear! Haden’s been my best friend for ages, and we just kid around and stuff. I mean, he’s practically my older brother. He also happens to be my guardian, which means we live together. The whole ass smacking is just to lighten him up. He’s so serious, all the time! I mean, if you didn’t know he was 19, you’d totally think he’s some stuffy adult.

Haden’s pretty tall, maybe 6’2? He’s also got the whole emo/rocker thing going on with messy black hair that flops over his eyes. And the eyes! Damn, they are weapons; they smoulder and can charm ANYONE! I’m not even kidding. And to top all of that into the perfect package, he’s got the whole mysterious smile plus body to die for. Trust me, I’ve seen it!

His best mates also stay with us. Alexander or Alex is about Haden’s build, also remarkably good looking. But he’s definitely not the gentleman Haden is. He’s basically the flirt and playboy. His list of conquests is so long, even he can’t remember the exact number!

Mathew on the other hand, could not be any more different from Haden and Alex. He’s relatively plain looking; handsome no doubt, but plain compared to the other two. But the thing is, you’d never find someone as genuinely nice as Matt, and I kid you not! It’s like he doesn’t have a mean fibre in his body!

All three of them are doing their A-levels, and in any school we go too, they’re known as the triple threat. Why? Basically any female would drool over them. I even had a teeny, tiny crush on Alex at one point. And then when I got closer to him, I realised what a creeper he was and that ended that crush!

Haden pulls over expertly in the parking lot. And as usual, when my three boys step out of the car, head’s turn. Not only because of the Porsche. So yeah, my guardian is loaded and by association, so am I, I suppose.

               “All right, are we ready for our first day in a new school, again?” Alex asks, trying to psyche us up, to no avail.

In the last four years, we’ve moved eight times, so that means eight new schools. And I honestly am so fed up of moving. Sometimes I wonder why we move so much, but my boys are always so hush-hush about it, I’ve decided not to bother asking anymore.

The four of us walk confidently to the office, ready to register and enrol in Stony Brooks High!  Oh joy!

Not!