(124) Self-love

DONTÉ

I walk around the grocery store, throwing whatever I think I need in the cart. Matching the food with the interior of her new apartment, I decide on seafood. I'll make her shrimp as a starter and cook salmon with steamed vegetables as the main dish.

I pay for all of my groceries and make my way over to my building, taking the elevator to the top floor. I walk into the kitchen and pour myself a glass of wine, starting my favorite playlist before beginning with the preparations for dinner.

I hum along to the music as I start cooking. I'm cooking it all at my place, so I only have to warm it up in Ama's place. Montell said I could just cook it there, that Ama wouldn't mind. But he doesn't get it. I can't be there alone for that stretch of time. Not without her there, my mind will come up with the wildest fantasies.

Missing her has already made my dreams vivid and hot and it's hard enough to get rid of that excitement, if you know what I mean.

I pack all the food and add bananas, milk, and ice cream to the bag as well. I'm making her a banana milkshake for dessert, I have Montell to thank for that tip.

The nerves swirl around in my stomach when I make my way over to her apartment. These few days of waiting, not seeing her, has made all of my feelings multiply. 

I open the door with the key Montell gave me and put the bag full of food in the kitchen.

Walking around the living room, I switch the lamps on and light a few candles. I connect my phone with the sound system, start the playlist I made for this occasion, unpack the bag in the open kitchen and turn the oven on to keep the food warm.

I pull a bottle of Catena Chardonnay White Bones from the bag and put it in the fridge, the Argentinian wine with the fruity taste and a slightly salty aftertaste seemed perfect for the meal and the beach mood in this apartment. 

I open a few cupboards to find plates, I find wine glasses first and put two of them on the counter, finding the plates right after, grabbing two of them and putting them in the oven too to warm them up.

Okay, it would be great if she would arrive soon because my nerves are rising again. I whistle along with the music when I hear a knock on the door. She's here.

AMA

Noah drove down the coast and found a quiet spot at the beach where we stared at the ocean together. Enjoying each other's company in silence. He sat behind me, his tattooed arms around me, giving me the opportunity to inspect all of them. And I should have taken the time to do so much sooner.

Above the Pride and Prejudice quote, the one he showed me when I was in the bath, sits my favorite Wuthering Heights one, inked in curly lettering. My fingertip follows the words as I say them out loud: "I'll be as dirty as I please, and I like to be dirty, and I will be dirty!"

He brushes my hair aside and kisses my neck gently, humming against my skin. I look at his right arm and gasp when I realize it's a quote from The Notebook. I run my fingertip around the tattoo and read these words out loud too. "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

I turn around to look him in the eye, feeling the raw emotion coming from his hazel orbs. I cup his face and kiss his lips softly. "You should have shown them to me on day one. These are my favorite quotes."

He smiles and kisses me again. "Now where's the fun in that Ama? I wanted you to discover them yourself."

I look into his eyes and ask: "What is your favorite scene of The Notebook?"

He smiles and says: "That depends on whether you're talking book or movie here. The rain scene is a lot better in the movie. Kinda disappointing in the book. But their love is so much more intense in the book and the final scene of the book is my favorite. They come together in such a beautiful, wholesome way."

I stare at him, my jaw slacked, my heart racing, and a blush on my cheeks. That's the sexiest thing someone has ever said to me. Fuck me, I could marry him right here right now.

He nuzzles my neck, taking in my scent, and whispers: "We should go Ama. You don't want to be late."

I lift his face to mine and kiss his lips, lightly at first, slowly applying more pressure, feeling his tongue touch my lips and parting them to grant him access. His tongue touches mine and I moan softly into his mouth, our tongues slow dancing to the beat of the waves crashing on the beach.

I run my fingers through his hair, pulling at those dark curls as I deepen the kiss, sucking on his tongue, making him moan this time.

"Fuck Ama. I can't drive us home if you keep doing this." I look down at the bulge in his jeans and palm his dick through the fabric. He hisses and I pull my hand back.

"Sorry, Noah. Your book talk turned me on."

He closes his eyes and whispers: "I'll have to remember that."

I get up and walk up to the ocean, taking a deep breath, filling my lungs with the fresh salty air, hearing the waves crash, and feeling the wind pull at my clothes and air. I feel so grounded right now. I'm going to go for what I want from now on. I'm bringing it. I'm going to be the damn best version of me that I can possibly be.

I say goodbye to the sea and turn around, catching Noah staring at me with a loving smile on his lips. He holds his hand out to me and I walk up to him, sliding my hand into his, making our way back to the car.

We get in and he says: "You look even more beautiful now."

I look into his eyes and know he's right. "I love myself a lot more now. Thank you. For everything. I will never forget this."

We drive back home while I read my favorite parts of The Notebook to him. His hand casually resting on my upper leg for most of the way.

♡♡♡

Well, I guess I needed more than one chapter for Donté's part. 

Or more like Noah made me write more about him.
This book might end differently than I thought. ;)

Hope you enjoyed this one. 

I'm hoping to wrap this book up this weekend.
But now that I've said it, I've probably jinxed it.

We'll see. Pray for me.