(36) Noah's Nerve

NOAH

I look at Ama and see the anger in her eyes. I'm sure X was being a dick on purpose though, I know him long enough to know he was trying to help in his own insane way. I say: "I prefer a woman who talks. And that's kinda hard when she's sucking like a vacuum."

She starts to laugh and I feel relieved. I was worried she was going to stay angry. Her eyes move to the last two slices of pizza and I can feel the tension coming from her. I pick up a slice and push the plate with the last slice on it her way. I turn my head to look into the restaurant and hopefully make her feel more comfortable to eat.

I feel her move next to me and I hear a soft moan come from her. Oh fuck. She shouldn't do that because it's hard enough already. Yeah, pun intended. I thought sitting down next to her would be easier. Now I'm not so sure. Her arm brushes mine every once in a while and it gives me goosebumps. And that banana milkshake smell is intoxicating.

I turn to face her as she takes her last bite. She blushes and I smile at her. How am I ever going to make her believe that she is the kind of woman I would go for? Or shouldn't I even try? I need to talk to her about this morning though. I need to know that meeting dumb and blonder hasn't stopped her from coming back.

"Ama? Is banana your favorite milkshake flavor too?" 

She smiles and nods. 

"Would you like to get one? And maybe go for a walk with me?" 

She looks worried and picks up the phone and dials a number. I am worried she's calling a cab or maybe even Mona to pick her up. Fuck, please don't go.

She says: "X? Where is your driver? My bag is still in the car." She smiles at me and I feel a tiny bit less worried. "Thanks X. Say hi to Feli for me." 

She giggles and hangs up. She looks at me, "I would love to go for a stroll with you. I just need my sneakers for that. Because I can't walk another step on these heels. But X's driver should be right outside with my bag."

I get up and walk to the cash register. The woman behind it lets me know that X paid upfront and I make a mental note to thank him later. Her sweet banana scent enters my nose and I turn around. She quickly tries to hide the look of discomfort on her face, but I saw it. I act on instinct and pick her up and carry her out bridal style.

I chuckle because she looks shocked, but doesn't resist. I'm not sure if it's the shock, the pain, or that she actually likes it. But I'm not complaining. I walk over to X's driver and take her bag and briefcase from him. I carry her to the nearest bench and sit her down on it. I ask for her permission to open the sports bag and she nods.

I pull her red sneakers out of it and take one of her shoes off. My heart is beating so fast that I'm afraid she might hear it. I put the shoe in the bag and open the laces of the red sneaker. She slides her foot in and I tie the laces. I quickly take the other shoe off and throw it in the bag as well.

Oh, fuck me. I would love to smell that shoe. It's so hard not to. But even if she said she likes flaws, this has always been too weird for any girl I've ever been with. Even my mom thought it was insane. 

I help her with the other red sneaker and tie the laces. I try to compose myself and close the zipper of the bag.

She didn't say a word all this time and I'm afraid to look up at her. She sounds very insecure when she calls my name. "Noah? Is something wrong?" 

I look up and into her beautiful green eyes. And like all the other times before I can read her emotions in them. She's feeling insecure and I see something else in there that I can't quite figure out. She bends down a little and brings her face closer to mine to look into my eyes.

I stutter: "N-no. N-nothing's wrong." 

Fuck. Why? Why do I have to stutter right now? She puts one of her hands on my cheek and speaks so softly that I can hardly hear her. But if my mind is not fucking with me, she said: "Flaws. Attractive. Cute." 

What the fuck? Did she really say that? Could she actually love the thing I hate the most about myself?

I stand up, hang her bag over my shoulder, and hold her briefcase in my left hand, before offering her my free hand. She slides her hand into mine, I can feel her tremble and give her hand a light squeeze. 

We start walking towards my favorite place for milkshakes and smoothies. It's tiny and you have to order from the outside, through a sliding window. But the flavors are amazing. I hope this beautiful woman next to me agrees. 

She's still holding my hand and I'm afraid to move my fingers. I'm afraid she forgot about it and moving my fingers will remind her. And she will let go. I know I will have to let her hand go soon if I want to hold my milkshake. But I want to make the moment last for as long as possible.

Our milkshakes are done and I hand her one. She lets go of my hand and I swallow my sigh. I pick mine up and start walking towards my favorite spot in the city. It's a huge oak tree with a circular bench around the trunk. It sits in the middle of a small square and I love sitting in the shade there. 

I hope she feels the same, I'm so fucking nervous I need the tree to help me calm down.

She sees the tree and runs over to it. I smile and watch her sit down on the bench. She leans her head back against the bark and sighs. I sit down next to her and take a sip from my milkshake. She does the same and we sit there in silence for a while. She moans softly again and I try to keep little me in check.

She turns to face me and says: "This is the best banana milkshake I ever had. Thank you." 

Her green eyes sparkle and I am sucked into them. "You're welcome. They have amazing smoothies too. I would love to buy you one sometime." 

Fuck Noah, shut up. I see the look in her eyes change. She is putting her wall up again.

Might as well try to kick it down. "Ama? What happened this morning? I tried chasing after you but dumb and blonder showed up."

She chuckles softly, "Dumb and blonder?"

"Mary came up with it. She was worried about you. I was worried about you. Did they say something to you? Please tell me."

♡♡♡

And that was Noah's POV

I made it before headbutting the desk. XD

I hope you enjoyed these four new chapters.

I seriously enjoy writing all these POV's.

Well, I'll see you when I get inspired again.