(9) Monaisha's Moves

MONAISHA

I thank God that X left with Noah. The last person Ama needs to see right now is that idiot. And to think that X wanted me to meet him. How can he be friends with that fool? I mean he's hot, but he hurt Ama. 

Sisters before misters. Always. Even X knows that. I love him but if I had to choose between him and Ama, I would pick Ama every single time.

Ama hands me another shot and we clink the glasses together before downing it. Theresa checks on the other people seated at the bar and then asks: "You're not kissing again tonight, are you?" 

Ama grins and Theresa rolls her eyes. 

We pick up the last shot and down that one too. Ama gets up and Theresa says: "Have fun girls. Stay safe!" She walks over to mister tattoos-leather-jacket-blue-eyes and makes him another drink. Oh, the things I would do to that man if I came alone tonight.

But tonight is all about helping Ama get her mojo back. So I snap out of it. We dance through the crowd towards the exit. A creepy guy tries to grab Ama's ass but Chris saw him coming a mile away. He, not so kindly, suggests he leaves her alone and the guy runs off. 

Chris winks at me and says: "Have fun MOAM. See you next week." 

Theresa came up with that nickname, said we were crazy and wild, like the nerd in the commercial eating the candy. She hangs out with that Chase guy too much, his cheesiness is starting to rub off on her.

We walk over to the club a few doors over. It has the most classy name you could ever come up with; 'Tits 'n ass'.  Well, we got it and came to flaunt it. Let the fun begin, it's almost ten. 

Montell is standing at the door with one of his buddies. Both tall, buff, dark chocolate men. Montell watches us walk up and takes in our outfits. He gestures with his finger to request a spin from us. Ama wiggles her hips as she turns around and I lift my arms, turning around slowly.

I flirt with Montell while we wait for a sign from inside. As soon as it hits 10, our jam will start and we will walk in. Feli will be waiting for us on stage and we will lip-sink our favorite song. 

This whole ritual started when we came over to the club on a Sunday morning at 6, to help clean up after a fire. It was a mess, but it was the place where Feli earned her money to take care of her daughter. So, we showed up and helped out. 

We impressed her boss for life and now we're VIPs in the club. We don't strip though. We lip-sink, dance, and sometimes kiss. But that's it. We leave the nakedness to Feli and the other girls. 

We start our evening in the club with a little show and then drink for free for the rest of the night, while we look at beautiful girls taking their clothes off. And watch the guys lose every last dollar they have in their pockets to pay for a dream that will never come true.

Montell winks at me and we walk in. Heads are already turning because the regulars know what's coming. The intro starts to play and Montell lifts us up to the stage. 

Feli kicks us off and nails the first part. We all start singing and dancing. When Ama's part comes up we take a step back. She's always a sight to see but this is her favorite part. And Feli and I give her room to do it. The lyrics fit her and it heightens her mood, one that lasts the entire night. 

She gets ready and winks at Montell before lip-syncing her part, her hand on her hip as she moves her lips. 

'My turn
I make this look easy
Tick-tick boom like gasoline-y
Yeah they call me Lamborghini
Cause I know just what I'm worth