Chapter 11

Y/n's POV

Tonight I'm asking Harry to be my boyfriend. I've never done this before but Hermione gave me some ideas. I think Harry wants to ask me but is nervous to push my commitment further.

I've been staying at the potter's for the summer since my sixth year is over. Lily and James are amazing they took me in as if I'm their own. Lily knows what I'm planning for tonight and couldn't be happier.

I got a letter From my father this summer which was very odd. But of course, it wasn't to check up on how I am but it was about Draco and I.

You see a couple of years ago Draco and I were told we were going to get married and have kids as soon as we graduate our 7th year at Hogwarts.

Yes, Draco and I are betrothed. I guess because our families are pureblood and are friends they put us together. Of course, Draco and I were excited since we're best friends but that was then, Things are different now. I'm not saying I'm going to get married to Harry but if I had to get married it would be with Harry.

I know it hasn't been that long since I've been with him but he makes me feel complete. As if it's him and I in the world when we're together. But never mind the letter I'll worry about that later. For now, I'm going to take Harry to the place I'm going to ask him.

Harry was laying on his bed playing with my hair holding me tight as I read a book. I look up and see that it's time. I turn over so I'm on top of him and kiss him softly on his lips. He moaned into the kiss grabbing my waist tightly.

" Not yet, love, I have something planned for us, " I said while sitting on top of him smiling

His face perked up, grinning madly, and said " What is it, "

" It's a surprise. Follow me, " I say jumping off the bed, grabbing his hand.

We walk up to the roof hand in hand. I laid a blanket, radio, and a bunch of Harry's favorite foods/candies earlier up there. He looked at me excitedly picking me up and spinning me around tightly as I giggle.

" Thank you so much Y/n. This is brilliant. But what's all this for," He says placing me back down but still having his hands on my waist.

I take in a deep breath fiddling with my fingers trying to calm myself down.

" Why are you so nervous. Are you leaving me, " He says with a frown

" No, no, no, it's quite the opposite you see," I begin to say

" It's alright love, you can tell me anything, " He says while smiling down at me and caressing my face.

" We-l-l I wan-ted to ask, " I stutter 

Merlin this is pathetic I need to just spit it out.

" Will you be my boyfriend? " I mumble

Harry looked taken aback but when he recoiled what I had said he smiled so big it was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

He picked me up while kissing me passionately saying " Yes, yes, yes, I thought you would never ask, "

I giggled and said " Someone had to, "

" I would have but I didn't know if you wanted or if you were ready too, " He retorts

I looked deeply into his beautiful green eyes and said " I'm always ready with you, "
———————————————————————————-
After we finished eating Harry grabbed my hand while the radio played " A thousand years by Christina Perri"