Mr. and Mrs. Granger rejoined the two girls after they had finished exchanging currency. They asked a question about Devon and the four people were engaged in different sorts of Muggle conversation (like work, school, parents, holiday, food, Christmas) for a while, until Mrs. Weasley appeared, leading her mob of family out of the vault.

Back outside the marble steps, they all separated. Percy muttered vaguely about needing a new quill; Mr. Weasley insisted on taking the Grangers off to the Leaky Cauldron for a drink; The Golden Trio said they wanted to spend the next hour roaming around.

"Oi, Freddie! George!"

All heads turned to see a young boy with shoulder-length curls, waving energetically from the other side of the road.

"Lee!" Fred exclaimed. He ran over, followed by George.

Something tickled within Daisy's chest, a panging sensation, as she watched the twins conversing with their friend, seemingly too busy to remember her presence, moreover their promise to buy an ice cream now.

"Dee." Daisy jolted in surprise when she felt a tug on her dress. It was Ginny, looking up at her expectantly, "Are you waiting for Fred and George? It's okay, you should come with me and Mum instead!"

"Yes!" Mrs. Weasley added as she secured a hand around Ginny's shoulders, pulling the girl into a hug, "We're going to buy Ginny's robes."

Ah... I really wanted ice cream with the twins.

Daisy glanced at Fred and George once more, still busy with their Hogwarts friend.

It's alright. Maybe next time.

Then she linked her arm with Molly's free one, "Okay."

"We'll all meet at Flourish and Blotts in an hour to buy your schoolbooks!" Mrs. Weasley announced for everyone to hear.

"Are we going to buy Ginny's wand, too?" Daisy asked Mrs. Weasley.

"Of course, of course."

Daisy could sense the change of pitch in Mrs. Weasley's tone and she looked at Ginny, who merely stuttered, "I— If we don't have enough, it's okay, Mum."

"What do you mean we don't have enough? We have more than enough!"

Mrs. Weasley sent Daisy a coded glance and the latter, who got the message immediately, interjected, "Yes, Ginny, I'm sure we'll manage."

Perks of being one of the older siblings.

"Okay..." Ginny said, still unconvinced.

"If you could choose, what would your wand core be?" Daisy asked to divert the little girl's attention away.

"You know it doesn't work like that! The wand chooses the witch, not the other way around!"

"I know," Daisy chuckled, "Which is why I said 'if you could—"

Suddenly, she felt a sharp tug on the back of her collar and she was peeled off Mrs. Weasley's hold. She glanced over her shoulder to see Fred, grinning from ear to ear, "And where do you think you're going?"

"Uh... Robe shop...?"

George poked his head into the scene, "Mum, we're taking her back."

Daisy raised an eyebrow, "Wait. What about your friend, Lee? I can go with your Mum and Ginny first, if you want—"

"We're gonna see him everyday in Hogwarts, not you. Come on, let's get that ice cream you've been craving so much."

"But," Daisy tried, yet Fred and George still overpowered her futile attempt to hold her ground, "Mrs. Weasley—"