The Journey Has A Titanic Undertaking

Author's Notes

In this chapter, I figured I'd just kickstart all the main events of the story, and the one's most people are eager for. So I hope you are all excited for the events to follow.

Hope you enjoy.

=7 days later; Menagerie=

The past week had been interesting to Jaune, especially after his encounter with Kali.

Since that day, Jaune felt increasingly awkward around the mother Faunus, something which he hadn't felt in quite some time. Additionally, Blake seemed to follow him wherever he went with almost stalker tendencies, her companion-Sun, he believed-sometimes joining her in her endeavors, every now and then bringing a snack on the journey.

For example: two days ago, Jaune went to the market area at the request of Ghira in order to get some more fish. As he walking along the path, he got the feel as if he was being watched. Stopping, Jaune discretely turned his head just the slightest margin, not enough to spook his would-be followers but enough where he can turn his eyes to the direction suspected.

Fortunately, his stalkers didn't suspect his actions and moved even closer, Jaune now able to see Blake and Sun in the shadow of the bushes. Rolling his eyes at them, Jaune simply went back on his journey and promptly ignored the two's existence.

Since then, he just ignored their stalking tendencies and went about his days. However, today was different, as he planned to leave Menagerie and find Ruby, if she had been transported to Remnant like himself.

In his gifted room, Jaune was getting himself dressed with all his clothes, just now slipping on his jacket. Jaune still didn't know how to feel about the jacket, having been so used to both wearing a hoodie and nothing at all as Godzilla. Zipping it up, Jaune looked over himself in the mirror, willing to admit he thought he looked good in his grey jacket and jeans.

Shaking that off, Jaune left his room before heading down stairs to grab something to it from the kitchen. Walking in, he caught sight of Kali at the stove cooking a lunch with Sun and Blake at the dining table. Ignoring the latter two, he went to the fridge and grabbed a slab of fish, his jagged teeth very well nearly tearing it in two when he bit down.

In silence, Jaune simply enjoyed his slab of fish, occasionally spitting out a fishbone that snuck its way into his mouth. Finishing up, Jaune grabbed a broom to sweep up the fishbones off the floor. Dumping them in then bin, Jaune grabbed a small cup and filled it up with water for a drink. Gulping down the mouthfuls, Jaune absently heard Kali talking to him.

"Why are you so dressed up?" the Belladonna matriarch questioned him, confused as to why he looked as if he was heading out somewhere. Unknown to her as of yet, she hit the nail on the head.

Looking down, he contemplated how to answer. "I'm leaving," he said simply, those around him having their eyes widen in shock and surprise.

"Wha-bu-WHY?!" Kali exclaimed, confused as to why he would be leaving. Off to the side, Blake and Sun looked over at each other, Sun with confusion whilst Blake looked alarmed, as if Jaune leaving was a bad thing.

"I just felt that I should go out and explore the world," Jaune said, looking to Kali, "Plus, I want to look for someone special to me and make sure she's okay."

Thinking over it, Kali felt it would be selfish of her to force the grey-blonde teen to stay at her home. Sighing to herself quietly, she nodded and began taking off her apron, talking while doing so, "If you're dead-set about this, then I better be able to help," before Jaune could say otherwise, Kali had already took the food off the stove and onto a plate before heading off elsewhere.