Game of Cat and Lizard

=Belladonna residence, 1 hour after last chapter=

Standing on the balcony of his room, gifted to him by Ghira and Kali out of good faith, Jaune thought about the situation with the women from before.

Alpha. To think, between worlds, he is still on top of the food chain.

If he was honest with himself, Jaune hated being 'King' for those millions of years as the so called 'Godzilla'. The only reason he continued being at the top was that, if they had their way, the other Titans would've killed anything within their sights.

Better him being King then some raging beats of destruction.

"Lien for your thoughts?"

Turning around, Jaune came face-to-face with an amused yet concerned looking Kali. Inwardly, he was surprised he didn't hear her coming up behind him.

"Pardon?" he asked her.

Walking closer to him, Kali placed a comforting had on his shoulder. "You looked deep in thought there, so I came here to see if you were alright."

Gently taking her hand off his shoulder, Jaune turned back around to face the scenery, Kali walking up next to his left side.

"Just thinking on what you said, about me being an 'Alpha Faunus', as it were." Not far off from his original thoughts, he mused.

Looking up at him, Kali looked at him with the face of a concerned mother. "What about it? Were you shocked or something?" Within her, Kali's motherly instincts kicked back in when seeing his face. An expression showing both sadness and acceptance.

Shaking his head, he looked at her with a stoic face, "Not much, no. Before waking up here, in Menagerie, I lived in a village comprising of both Human and Faunus. The Faunus there were mostly Alphas, or at the very least the strongest of them and the clan heads were anyway. Myself, on the other hand, was the 'King' of them, so to speak." he narrated, telling his story but bending the truth to fit in.

'Don't need her calling me crazy now, would I?' he sarcastically thought.

Not waiting for a response, he continued his tale, "Truthfully, I didn't like being this so called King. Those around me, particularly the Humans, worshipped and admired me, and then just as quickly fear me when they think they did something wrong. The other Alphas, however, always challenged me to a fight. They would believe themselves stronger than me, trying to remove me from my metaphorical throne. But I'd always come out on top, knowing that they would bring everything to chaos if they had their way."

Speechless, all Kali could do was embrace Jaune in a motherly hug, unaware of his shocked and surprised look. 

"It must've been lonely for, wasn't it?" she whispered to him.

Looking off to his right, he showed a small smile in remembrance of the one who stood by him constantly. "There was one person who helped quell the loneliness. If I had the courage, I would've asked her to marry me."

How he wished he could, but being an oversized lizard and moth respectively made things challenging.

Pulling herself back, Kali couldn't help but ask, "And who was this lucky lady?".

His smile growing evermore loving, his eyes holding passion, he told her. "Her name was Ruby."

=Scene change, Kuo Kuana marketplace=

Walking through the various food stalls, Blake thought upon her current situation.

8 months ago, Beacon came under attack from an inside source. When she was in the Beacon mess hall at the time, she came across her ex-boyfriend Adam. She ended up getting stabbed near her stomach, but that wasn't his only goal. Her cries alerted Yang to her location, and when she saw Adam above her, she charged him.