A Dangerous Lunch and Cold Meetings

Blep

Watching her million year long boyfriend scarf down an entire platter of fish, Ruby almost forgot how much of a glutton Jaune was at times. This was made no more apparent when he shoved an entire fish down his gullet-scales, meat and bones, the lot, without issue.

As for the divine reaper herself, she ordered a simple dish comprising of some lettuce, fish fillets and a side chips. She was never one for gorging on food (disregarding her obsession with cookies and strawberries), so she only had what was necessary.

And despite this being something she's seen countless times over the last few million years, watching her boyfriend eat lots more than needed never failed to surprise her.

"If I asked this before then I forgot, but where the hell do you put all that?" she asked incredulously, Jaune raising his piercing eyes up to her, a fish tail hanging out of his mouth. Slurping it up like one would a noodle, Jaune answered honestly.

"No idea, but I'm always fit so that's nice. Plus, don't see you complaining." Jaune flirted with her, Ruby lightly blushing but not refuting his words if only because it was true. Part of her had forgotten what he looked like outside of being a 100 odd meter tall lizard, so she was committing his physique to memory. To the average person, Jaune's clothes would be considered baggy or at least loose; but Ruby's eyes were far beyond the average person, easily making out his tense muscles and just mouth-watering body.

Though there was something about him that struck at her wrongly-not necessarily Jaune himself, but rather something clinging to him that made her just a bit aggravated (read: possessively murderous). Sniffing slightly, Ruby's face went blank upon discovery.

Someone else's scent...

"Jaune", she said lowly, Jaune himself tensing at her tone-knowing for a fact something was wrong. "Care to explain why you smell like a cat?" she asked blankly, some sweat beginning to drip down Jaune's brow. Swallowing his current fish, he tried placating her.

"Well, I wound up on an island with only Faunus, got taken in by some kind strangers-both of them being a cat and panther Faunus, stayed there for a bit before eventually coming here." he narrated, hoping that quick explanation would be believable enough.

Unfortunately, the universe said a colossal "fuck you".

"And just who exactly was this cat Faunus?" she enquired, her blank tone still present but with a hint of dark possession seeping in.

Gulping, Jaune simply decided to face his funeral music, "A woman named Kali Belladonna." Typically, he would of had some hesitation in his tone of voice, but as stated, simply accepted his inevitable demise.

"'Belladonna'? As in?..." Ruby trailed off, her silver eyes hardening into cold steel.

"Blake's mum." he answered.

He didn't see what hit him, only that he was suddenly in the air after bursting through the top of a building and making a trench in the street upon impact, right in front of a certain blonde brawler.

=With Yang and Co. (5 minutes prior)=

Walking down the streets of Mistral, Yang alongside Weiss and Nora decided to simply sight see. Everyone else was currently back at Haven, with Pyrrha training almost religiously ever since Ruby's return to them.

It was no less shocking for the collected group, seeing someone they had believed to be outright dead with no hope of survival suddenly walk in through the door, dragging behind her a still shocked Qrow.