Mistral's Titanic arrival and the Black Queen's remembrance

Author's Notes

Sorry this took a bit to update, since I was waking my brain on what to write. Still, I'm glad to have actually uploaded.

=2 hours later; with Jaune=

Walking down one of Mistral's many dirt path, Jaune followed the directions pointed out by the map he got in the seaside town. They had digital versions of the map available for Scrolls, but Jaune didn't see the need.

Plus, like Ruby said once before, he had an appreciation for the classics.

Trailing his finger along the map, Jaune found the road he was on before tracing it up towards Haven Academy, following the trail up to the school and noting the trail goes past an abandoned village named Kuroyuri. Typically, the trail going past Kuro would take longer, but apparently something that aggravated the Grimm in the surrounding area.

While not a big concern for Jaune, as well as how he wanted to relieve some stress on the creatures of Darkness, he decided to follow the trail to Haven and simply enjoy the peace and quiet-something he had been lacking thanks to Blake and her annoyance.

*Grrrrr*

Hearing a growl, Jaune turned and watched as a pack of Beowolves broke out from the tree line, numbering in 9 total with the Alpha of the pack leading them at the front. Judging by the numerous of spikes, armor plates and scars, Jaune could see that not only was this particular Grimm old but also experienced.

Looking over the pack, Jaune could see all of them shuffling just the slightest margin, no doubt their instincts telling them "get outta here, now". Flashing a toothy-near shark like grin, Jaune tilted his head side-to-side making his neck pop. Flexing his fingers showcasing his claws, Jaune chuckled at them.

"You know, coming after me might just be the biggest mistake you made." he said, the Alpha Beowolf standing on its hind legs in an attempt to intimidate him. "But hey! At least try and put up a fight for me." that said, Jaune immediately rushed forward and tackled the alpha to the ground before laying in some heavy blows to its face mask, numerous cracks spreading rapidly.

Satisfied with his hits, Jaune jumped off the Alpha with a couple of Beowolves-whom attempted to pounce on him-hitting each other midair and piling on the Alpha. Whacking them off itself with a growl, the Alpha picked itself off the ground, tracing its claws along its newly gained battle scars. Angry, the Alpha charged at Jaune with a howl, its pack mates following after.

Running towards them with a laugh bellowing from his throat, Jaune punched the Alpha away before going to town on the rest of them. Grabbing a Beowolf by its face mask, Jaune hauled it off the ground effortlessly before swinging the protesting Grimm into its allies.

When the time comes, beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker.

Whacking the surprised Grimm away with their comrade, Jaune grabbed the suspended Grimm by its hind legs before pulling from both ends, the Grimm howling in agony. With a sickening tearing sound, the Beowolf was violently ripped in half with black ichor splattering along the ground. Chucking the dissipating creature away, Jaune rushed forward to the rest.

The Grimm were starting to regret their decision. A thought more reinforced when Jaune shoved his fist straight through the chest of a Beowolf before ripping it it out and smashing it down onto the face of another, flattening its skull against the ground. Sharing a look between them, the remaining Beowolves turned and fled, leaving the Alpha to its painful fate.

Growling at their cowardice, the Alpha stood its ground against the threat before it, regardless on how futile it may be. Howling to the sky in challenge, the Alpha charged at Jaune with the intent on ripping out his throat. Swiping its claws, the Grimm missed is target as Jaune ducked to the right. Grabbing the Grimm's arm by the shoulder, Jaune tore it from its socket while the Alpha howled in agony.