Chapter 19 Saved

(TW: Loads of violence in this chapter alone.)

_Roman's POV_

This Depression guy will pay. We checked if Thomas was asleep or not and he was. Logan looked pleased seeing that he took his advice on his sleep patterns for once. We left the place and went to try to save Virgil and the others. Logan held the jewel in the air and I don't even know how but it leads the way. Patton clung to him being absolutely terrified of this place. I was busy cutting the branches and pushing thorns out of the way so we could walk the path. Remus on the other hand was just following us there and glancing at the dark wildlife this side had to offer. I couldn't help but pick up a black rose. Something in it got me drawn to it.

"I don't think I've seen black roses before. Have you guys?"

"Roman black roses are mostly found in Turkey of course we haven't seen these. Since this is his mind we can find many varieties of flowers and wildlife here without going anywhere." Logan explained with ease.

"I know but why do these look so enchanting?"

"Roman your part of creativity and you see the beauty in things."

I hummed in response as we made it to some dark castle. The jewel lost its glow.

"Logie? Why did it stop glowing? Are we lost?"

"No, Patton it's because we're here."

"A-are you sure it looks dark and scary and-" Patton began to say worriedly.

"Don't worry we'll try to protect you. Alright, you need to be brave for them and for us." Logan said cupping his cheek softly.

Patton nodded as Logan proceeds to kiss him on his head. By his actions, Patton blushed a bit.

"Are you ready now Patton?" Logan asked letting go of him.

"Yeah...let's go!" He said.

Remus summoned his weapon as I drew mine from its holder. We didn't see anyone outside so we went to the door to see it was locked. Thankfully he left it unlocked so we just walked in there. We never let our guard down. All of a sudden we heard a scream from another room.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WHAT FROM ME!?! YOU ALMOST KILLED HIM!...NO! STOP! PLEASE I'M SORRY!"

It was Wrath. Remus bowed his head and clutched his weapon and headed to where the screams and shouts came from. I told the other two to stay knowing full well that Patton doesn't like violence. I followed Remus and he looked more pissed than before. There we saw I could feel his heart shatter as he saw his boyfriend and his so called son on the ground. Both looked like they had major injuries. Janus's hand was covered in blood. It was the one that had scales. Wrath was holding Dee close to him while sobbing.

"...that bitch will pay..." Remus said under his breath.

"Do you want me to get Logan and Patton over so we can deal with this monster?"

"More than anything."

I called over for them and they can try to heal their injuries and calm Wrath down. Patton went to Wrath and noticed that he's gotten a black eye. While Logan went to the Deceitful side's aid.

"Kiddo...listen to me and follow my breathing ok?"

"I c-can't! I w-wanna go home... I can't do this anymore I-"

"Shh...it's going to be alright kiddo I promise..."

"How? H-how is this going to b-be alright? How c-can someone promise such a thing?"