Chapter 21 | Sunrise

"Babe, wake up," I kiss his lips and his eyes shutter open softly. The room is dark except for the hall lights peaking under the crack of the door. His eyelids struggle to stay open until, gently, they fall closed. I crawl on top of him drinking in every ounce of him. I stroke his soft, blonde, locks from out of his face. He groans slightly. He was never one to wake up early and I knew that. "I want to go watch the sunrise with you," 

His ethereal blue eyes rested on mine. His mouth curves into a small, genuine smile. Just the smile alone was enough to send shivers down my spine. I kiss him slowly, making sure to savor the taste of his lips. When I drag myself away I offer him my hand to stand up. He takes my hand, still half asleep but, he's trying. His hair was strewn about in a careless manner. Sleep-lines painted his cheeks. He looked so real and in moments like this everything seemed so real. He was mine and I was his. 

I had already gotten dressed so I could let Niall sleep in as long as possible. I wore a long flowy dress with my bathing suit layered underneath.

 I wore a long flowy dress with my bathing suit layered underneath

He snuck away into the bathroom to get ready. I walked over to the small stove and placed a kettle ontop the burner. After pouring the tea into a small mug, I knock quietly on the bathroom door. Niall opens the door smiling. He was wearing a white collared shirt that seemed to be three sizes bigger than his size but, fit him so perfectly. He only buttoned three in the middle leaving his chest and parts of his bare stomach exposed. 

I hand him the cup of tea. He wraps his hand around the handle of the mug and then pulls me in with his arms on top of my shoulders. He kisses my hair and I nuzzle into his chest. We stand there rocking side to side like a boat drifting across an open ocean. "I don't want to miss it," He whispers when he unravels his arms from around me. 

-

The streets are dark and lifeless. I carry a basket down at my side as we make our way down the empty roads towards the sea. Niall walks beside, his fingers tangled in mine, swinging in between us. 

We sit down on the blanket carefully placed on the sand. "I'm starving," Niall pats his stomach just as I pull out some bread and cheeses and a bunch of other snacks that I know Niall likes. He immediately lunges for a bag of Hunky Dory Crisps. "You know me too well," I shrug my shoulders and smile. The snacks are sprawled out on the blanket. I crawl over to Niall and lay my head on his lap, holding the arm that he has laid across my chest. 

The sun comes up washing the beach in gold and pink tones. Niall's eyes matched the color of the water reflecting the colors of the sky. His skin was painted golden. I grab my phone and take a picture of the both of us when he's not looking. I quickly set it as my home screen before setting it down beside me. 

-

"One more time!" Niall launches a grape towards my opened mouth but, it misses and hits me in the eye. "Your aim sucks,"

"I'd like to see you do better," Niall passes me the bowl of grapes and I readjust myself to sit directly in front of him. I take one of the wet grabs in my hand and aim it directly at his mouth. I toss it and he tilts his head back and catches it. We both cheer at the small victory. "Do another one," Niall waves towards himself, and another grape sails through the air and into his mouth.