The Date

Desire read the text. Her face turned pale as paper and she got really nervous. NOW?! HE WANTS TO MEET NOW?! Desire started to freak out. Again.  Coral saw Desire freaking out so she leaned over her shoulder and read the text. She started to giggle and then said, "Wow! He wants to meet you now! He must really like you! Go meet him!" Desire blushed and July saw it. She laughed and said, “Looks like Desire does too!” Desire was starting to feel woozy, she got more nervous the more she thought about him. It was like he was stuck in her head. But she didn’t want to keep him waiting and replied to his text saying that she would be there in a moment.

Her mom was very excited and said, “Yay! My daughter is growing up! Now let’s go so we don’t keep him waiting!” July grabbed her daughter by the arm and got her into the car with quickness. Seriously?! This is not necessary. Desire was a little annoyed at her mom for being so feisty about the whole situation. “It’s not that big of a deal, mom. We are just hanging out, that’s all!” July looked at her and smiled, “But you really want to see him, don’t ya?” Desire blushed and turned away saying nothing. July knew what was up. Coral walked to Desires mom and said, "Since you are leaving, I am going to go to the ocean and swim around for a bit. Is that ok?" July smiled and said, “Sure honey! Just be safe! I will be taking Desire to her date!” Coral smiled and said "Thank you! I will be back tonight!" July nodded and drove off with Desire in her car. 

Coral ran to the beach, glanced around to make sure no one was around and jumped into the ocean. She swam to the kingdom and entered the gates. She swam and presented herself before the king. The King had a grin on his face and said, "Hello Coral." Coral responded, "Hello your majesty, I have come to fill you in on our new mermaid." The King said, "Well then tell me." Coral told the King everything that had happened to Desire and after she was done the king told Coral to leave and she did. She went to go see her family next. While she was leaving, the king yelled after her, "Don't forget to identify her special power!" Coral heard him and gave the King a nod, then swam off.

While Coral was doing that, Desire and July were on their way to the park to meet Jacob. Desire started to drift in thought about Jacob. After a couple minutes, they arrived at the park. Desire was very nervous and excited. She got out of the car and saw how elegantly dressed she was. She probably wasn’t gonna do anything too physical out here. She walked around and found Jacob sitting on a bench near a walkway. He seemed to be busy on his phone waiting for her. She took a deep breath and walked over to where Jacob was. Jacob saw some feet below him and looked up, “Oh! You’re finally here!” Desire was nervous and slightly empathetic, “Sorry I kept you waiting. Is this seat taken?” Jacob scooched over and said, “Not at all!” Desire sat down on the spot next to him.

Coral swam away from the kingdom and towards the village. She got to her parents house and knocked on the door. Her parents opened the door. Her mom, Pearl. And her dad, Cliff. Coral said "Hi mom! Hi dad!" Pearl said "Hi sweetie!" And she pulled Coral into a tight embrace. Cliff said, "I missed you as well my little seashell." He joined the embrace then they all swam inside and Coral filled her parents in on all that's happened. Then after they were all filled in Coral asked "Now where is my baby sister, Bloom?"

Desire and Jacob were laughing their heads off! They were having so much fun together at the park. They obviously got off from the bench but they were walking around telling each other funny stories and things they liked to do. Jacob said, “Wow! You sound awesome doing all that running around!” Desire pulled her loose hair behind her ear and giggled, “Not as cool as you! You do weights and basketball and are the best in both!” They seemed to be having such a good time ‘hanging out’. Desire looked at her watch and then the sky to see it getting darker and more orange. She looks at her phone and says, “Woah! It’s getting late, I should go home.” As Desire started to walk off away from the park, Jacob yelled from behind while trying to catch up with her, “Hey! Lemme walk you home tonight! It’s not safe to go alone anyways.” Desire grinned and agreed to have him walk her home. Such a gentleman...

Coral spent a lot of time with her family but she had been there awhile now and she had to go back to the surface so she said her goodbyes and I love you's and swam back up. She broke the surface of the water and looked around making sure no one was watching. Then she turned into her human form and started to make her way to Desire's house. As Desire and Jacob arrived to their house, she was feeling much less scared. “I had a great time today Jacob! It was really nice to just hang out and have fun." 

Coral ran up to them and greeted them "Hello guys! Did you have fun today?" Desire was in a very good mood and said, “Yeah! It was awesome!”  Coral responded with a happy tone as well, "That's great! And it's nice to see you again Jacob!" Jacob smiled and said it was good to meet her again as well. But as this was happening, there was something on Desire’s mind that she wanted to get across. She wanted to tell him all day but only at the end which she hoped she got comfortable enough to tell him. Desire started to get really nervous and started fidgeting with her hands, “Uh….Jacob? There is something I need to tell you…” Jacob looked at her with curiosity and confusion, “What’s up?” Desire had a hard time looking at him and said, “I never told you this yet but…..I used to be a guy.” Desire covered her face in nervousness and fear on how he might react. She knew she had to tell him at some point and it was better sooner than later. Jacob looked at her with slight surprise but it quickly turned into a grin. “What do you mean by that Desire?” 

Coral heard this sudden confession and walked both of them inside and said, "We should talk about this inside." Desire was super nervous and couldn’t keep still and tried to sit down. Jacob sat across from her and asked her what she meant again. Desire started to have a hard time breathing. “Well, I used to be a guy until I met Coral. She accidentally kissed my forehead and I turned into what you see before you.”  Jacob was really shocked at this phenomenon because he thought that Coral was a normal girl. Many questions started to swirl his mind, but he was more curious if Desire was her real first name. “So your name has always been Desire?” Desire looked at him and laughed, “Of course not! That would be silly! My name before I changed was…..” Desire was confused, she lived with her old name for most of her life. She did a nervous chuckle and tried to say it again hoping it would pop into her head. “My name was…..uhhh……” Desire started to freak out now.

      “I CAN’T REMEMBER MY OLD NAME!!!”