🦅 LIII: Ballgirl (3)

"Ehh? You're the ball girl, Clara-chan?" Yachi yelps in surprise as she bumps into you and you only nod. "Are you alright?" she asks again and you nod eagerly at the concern.

"It's just picking up stray balls anyway." You say casually with an innocent smile.

"Ehhh. But-" Yachi panics and on cue, a stray ball suddenly went to your direction at a fast speed.

"Eek!"

"Seeee." You say as you stop the ball with one hand in midair and the panicking girl looks at you, peeking first if it was alright.

"Ahh. Yes." She stops short and stares as you, startled as you waved your hand and return to your spot.

Yachi looks around if anyone else has seen it and she strangely sees Tsukishima also watching.

"That was kind of shocking." She says with a sigh as he approached her fellow club member and Tsukishima Kei looked closely at you as you be the ballgirl.

"She's good." Was all the middle blocker says before drinking from his water bottle.

On cue, they looked as they overhear the Shiratorizawa seniors talking among themselves nearby.

"This reminds me of Hinata." Sagae says to Akakura as the two third years look at you.

A stray ball suddenly bounces off after a player's spike and you held out your hand, the ball instantly appearing right at your palms, almost as if you've expected it to appear there.

"Isn't she... sort of better than him though?"

"No kidding." the vice captain sighs before shaking his head.

Yachi's eyes widened as she hears it before referring back to the blocker.

"Is that right, Tsukishima-kun?"

"Yeah." The blocker pauses as he looks.

"Compared to that time, this girl is definitely better than that idiot back then."