21

Happy New month Guys! I'm so happy💃💃💃💃 God has kept us this far and he would continue to do his work in our lives 🙏🏾

Thank y'all for continuing with this book ❤️ I really appreciate. The book is slowly coming to an end, I would appreciate your reviews and comments. 😩🙏🏾💞

*****

Sometimes, the richness of a laughter is influenced by a series of small wins.

"Omo! I did not even expect it. Who would have thought that after two videos, I would get up to two-thousand five hundred subscribers and even more views." I told Omotola as I took a sip of my drink. We were seated inside a cafe. We haven't had much time to sit and converse since Efe's wedding. I understand that she had been busy preparing for hers also. She decided to take me out on a treat to make up for missing my birthday.

"When you first told me about a YouTube channel, I was skeptical but I had to support you. If it doesn't work out, at least we know we tried and if it does, then we would celebrate your wins." She told me smiling.

"Yeah, thanks." I replied her. I was short of words, I was highly motivated because of the result we had gotten. Efe had played a vital role in this, she set up a team as soon as I told her I was ready to start, she helped a lot in publicity and we held meetings everyday on zoom app.

"I'm so happy for you baby girl."

"I'm happy for me too o." I laughed. We clinked out glasses and drank from it.

We sat down quietly, operating our phones and taking sips from our glasses while we waited for our food.

"Nosa." Omotola called.

"Yeah?" I answered her before looking up.

"Don't turn now, but there's a handsome looking young man at your four o clock." Four o clock is just a stylish way of telling me someone is at that direction according to the clock

I was about to turn when she said, "Don't turn!" In a Stern whisper. "He's looking this way."

"Omotola! You're getting married soon." I told her. "This one you're admiring a stranger."

"I'm glad you said admiring, not lusting. He's just a fine young man, I mean see his beards."

I attempted to turned immediately to see what she was talking about and she repeated "Don't turn!" I held my peace.

"I'll let you know when he's not looking" she said smiling. "I think he fancies you though. I saw him staring at you when we were walking inside and he has been taking glances at our direction." She said.

"How do you know this?" I asked her with a questioning look? Omotola can assume too much.

"You were on the phone with Efe when we walked in so you wouldn't notice and besides I'm the one sitting opposite him so I can see him from here."

"It could be anyone of us." I told her simply. "We walked in together, we sat together, so it could be any one of us, that's if your claims are true and you're not assuming things with that fairy tale mind of yours."

"He's coming here, he's walking towards our direction" she said in hushed tones.

Before I could respond, he was already at our table. Oh my God! What's this?

"I'm sorry to interrupt you ladies, Good evening."

Omotola was right! He wasn't looking bad at all, the perfectly carved beards and hairline, bright eyes and plum lips. He looked like a member of the sweet boys association.

"Hi, good evening." Omotola responded first.

"Hello."

He turned to face me and said, "you're Nosa right?" He asked as if he wasn't too sure.

"Huh?" My jaw dropped. He wasn't even looking familiar, how did he know my name? Has he watched my YouTube videos? I recollected my reaction and quickly spoke up to cover up my initial reaction. "Yeah, I am. You don't look familiar." I told him.

He nods his head to signify that he understood I wouldn't recognize him. "We met in Osas's house sometime last year, during one of our game days. You brought food." He reminded me.

"Oh my!" I remember now, he was the one I didn't know prior to that day and I never saw him after then. I remember Osas telling me he was traveling out of the country. "You were the guy I had a conversation with in the kitchen."

"Yeah." He nods his head in affirmation.

"We met just once and our conversation was very minimal, you really tried to recognize me. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you immediately." I told him. Someone like me would feel embarrassed if I tried explaining myself to someone who didn't remember. "I didn't even get your name the other day."

"It's okay, besides your pictures on Osas's status on your birthday refreshed my memory of what you look like. The name is Deji by the way." He told me. Truthful!

"Erm, meet my friend my friend Omotola." I introduced him to her.

"Hi Omotola, nice to meet you." They shook hands lightly. "I'm about to leave now, do you mind if I get your contact?" He asked me. The waiter came with our orders and placed the food on the table. About time!

"Yeah, sure." I reached for my purse and brought out my complimentary card then handed it over to him. He reached for it and said thanks, bade us good bye and left the cafe.

"I told you! It was you he was looking at." Omotola gave me her I told you so look.

"It could be for anything. Stop putting ideas in my head." I told her. I didn't want to start dreaming about anything, he mentioned I cook and it could be for patronage.

Memories of our very short conversation started to fill my head.

"Na you Sabi." She laughed as she started eating her food.

Okay! What do you think about this chapter?

I know some of you were expecting "the mystery man" to pop up again! 😁

Let's see where this takes us. Is he the one for Nosa?

Don't forget to vote - I really appreciate them.

Don't forget to comment - I yearn for this in every chapter.

Don't forget to share - I know that there are some lessons we've all learnt (even me as the writer, because I read some books about marriage, independence as a woman and some others to be able to put my ideas into writing), so please share with the people you love to be able to read, get entertained and also enlightened.

One Love 💞