12

_Lehin & FaleyeOluwatimilehin thanks for your support. 💝

"Hey Nosa" A familiar voice called me.

I turned to see who the person was and I was surprised.

"Nonso." I smiled. "Long time no see" He was my boyfriend from University days, I had broken up with him because I thought he wouldn't be ready to get married by the time I would be. We were standing between shelves at a supermarket.

"Indeed, I could barely recognize you, you're looking so different now."

Different? I thought to myself. Was I looking aged? Fat? Ugly?

"I mean in a good way" He quickly added, I guess my expression had sold me out. "You're looking so matured and more beautiful." He said eyeing me from up to down, a smile crept to my lips. "How many years has it been? Wow. Are you married now?"

"Thanks and erm, not yet, I'm not married yet." I answered slowly.

A trace of sadness appeared on his face. I could tell he was thinking of how I had left him because I thought he wouldn't be ready for marriage by the time that I would be and I still hadn't gotten what I wanted meanwhile he's already married with a kid. He really liked me then, but he had to let me go because he respected my decision.

"You. How is your wife and your child?" I answered feigning a smile. I didn't want him to know how affected I was.

"She's fine. Actually she just put to birth." He said lifting his shopping basket a little.

For the first time since we were talking, I looked into his basket and noticed that majority of the things he had picked were baby supplies.

"Well, congrats to the both of you." I shook hands firmly with him and told him I needed to leave. I walked straight to the counter to make payments even though I wasn't done shopping, I just couldn't stand being in the same supermarket with him anymore.

*****

I closed the door immediately I saw who was standing outside my apartment. I wasn't expecting her to come here.

I took a deep breath and opened the door again.

"What brings you here?" I asked looking into her eyes as I faced her squarely.

She looked tired, she had bags under her eyes; she had either not been sleeping well or had cried her eyes out.

"We need to talk, I need to talk. Please don't send me away, I just need a friend right now."

I felt my heart melt with her words.

"Are we still friends?" I asked her. I wasn't going to send her away because I knew it took her so much to bring herself to me. She would have gone to the other girls but she came to me. "Come inside."

She walked in and sat on the sofa. I walked behind her and sat after her.

"So what brings you to my house Efe?"

"I broke off my engagement with Jamie." She said and a trickle of tears left her eyes. "You were right, I didn't have to stay in a relationship I was being cheated on. My happiness should be what matters most."

I had to force myself to stand up from where I was sitting on to where Efe was seated to console her.

"Did he cheat on you again?" I asked.

"No he didn't, but I spoke to my mother. She told me she wasn't pressuring me into marriage and I didn't have to endure something like that. She said if I start enduring a cheating man now, then I would endure for the whole of our marriage years."

"She is right, I'm so sorry." I used my thumb to clean her tears. "So what did Jamie say about this?" I asked her.

"I don't care. I told him if he couldn't come out to tell the whole world that he had nothing to do with that girl that means he truly cheated and I couldn't tolerate it. I broke up with him and blocked him on all platforms." She said.

Whoa!. I don't even block my enemies on any platform, you're free to watch me and burn yourself.

"I'm so sorry about your break up." I patted her hair.

"Nosa I'm so sorry for everything. I let myself become unnecessarily pressured, I let their talks get into my head."

I loved Efe so much as a friend. At this moment, I couldn't keep holding a grudge against her. Yes I would be careful around her and keep my guards up, but I couldn't hate her any more.

"Shhh" I shushed her. "It's okay."

"Can I ask for a favor?" She asked.

"What is it?" I asked her. I was willing to do what ever she wanted as long as it's something I can offer.

"Allow me stay with you for a few days. At least, to heal. Staying home alone sucks." She pleaded.

"It's okay. You're welcome. We could go get your things from your apartment later this evening, just rest..."

"No need, my things are in the boot inside my car." She said.

I couldn't help but broke into a smile.

"You're a mugu o, this girl."

"I know" she smiled back. "But only sometimes." She added.

"Are you hungry? There's food."

"Which food?"

"Lots, you're in the house of a cook. I have a little of all the meals that had been ordered this week in the freezer." I smirked.

"One of the reasons I love visiting you." She laughed.

"Foodie like you, only God knows where the food is directed to."

She points to her breasts and her buttocks in response to where the food goes in her body.

I missed my friend.

Glossary:

Mugu - A fool or someone who is gullible depending on the context you're using it for.

Phew! Chapter done.

Who else is happy that Nosa and Efe are back together?

Do you think Jamie cheated on Efe? Yes/No. Drop your answers here.

Did Efe do the right thing?

What do you think about this chapter.

Don't forget to vote