13

Jaquinee & moyin_oluwaa thanks for your support so far 💝

🎵You dont need to compete with nobody, you should know by now, that you deserve a gentleman🎵

I woke up to the sound of my favorite song blasting through the speakers from my sitting room. Morning sleep is precious to me and I hate being interrupted but the beautiful voice booming from the speakers soothed and calmed my nerves.

How can I get angry at this voice?

My stomach decided to sing too, and that was what motivated me to stand up from the bed. I went into the kitchen and decided to take bread and tea.

"Ahn, Nosa you are awake?" Efe asked me when I walked into the sitting room. She seemed a bit better. She was sitting on the sofa with her legs stretched on the centre table while her laptop was on her laps. She said she had been lagging behind in her work and she had to make up for all the time wasted.

"No, na my spirit wey dey represent me" Sarcasm has always been fun for me, trust me to serve it especially for this obvious question she just asked.

"Sorry o, no vex. Good morning".  She greeted. She was not in the mood to banter, she would have given me a more Savage reply.

"Morning" I replied her greeting "You look happy this morning. I'm glad to see you are a lot better." Indeed, she looked a lot better. The bags under her eyes were clearing up and her face was looking brighter.

"Yes o, life goes on" she replied with a sad smile. "I was going through your playlist when you were asleep, I needed some music to uplift me. And I came across this song. Yes, this one playing. It caught my attention."

"It's a good song" I told her with a muffled voice. A slice of bread was in my mouth.

"Nosa, I think its high time I moved on, I deserve a gentleman. One who would be proud to show me off and be happy to boast about me. I'm a spec, a hot babe and more, and I deserve nothing less than the best."

Wow.

I Slouched next to her on the sofa, with some slice of bread in one hand and a cup of tea on the other, I faced her.

"You know moving on is not about moving into another relationship but making sure that you've healed from the previous one and you've learnt your lessons so you don't repeat the same mistake right?" I asked her.

She nods.

"Then I'm glad you've decided to be happy again, you're worth so much and you deserve more than settling down with a man who wouldn't value you." I pinched her cheeks. "You deserve some chilled smoothie for this."

The books I've been reading coupled with the recent conversations I've had, I realized that it's no use to pressure myself anymore for marriage. According to my sister, if I was the one rejecting men initially for no cause and now I'm the one looking for marriage, it's a different case. The right man just hasn't come.

Most of us are just concerned with the owanbe and not what comes after. Getting carried away with the words of our friends asking us to get married so they can sew their asoebi and eat party jollof "

Marriage is a 'forever' thing, to end up with one partner for life, to make decisions together, stick with each other through thick and thin. The children I'll give birth to must be smart and carry good genes, I can't just marry any man because he is ready for marriage. Whoever I decide to go through life with has to be worth it