11

Thanks so much guys for your comments, I keep getting inspired 💪🏾🙌🏾

_Modupeolu_ and JosephineOtan I see you 😘😘😘

I had agreed to meet up with a new client who had ordered ten litres of goat meat stew. She is a new client and I tried my best to prepare the food to the best of my knowledge so she would love it and come back for more.

As I walked into Nibbles, I scanned all the sits looking for a person with the description she gave me but none. I took an empty seat, and placed the big paper bag at the foot of my chair then brought out my phone to call her.

She picked immediately and said she would be with me shortly, that she was already in the premises. I had taken a picture of the food with my phone and was in the process of uploading it when a person came in and sat in the opposite sit.

"Hello Nosa, Nice to see you again." She said with a smirk that turned into a smile, a smile that said gotcha!

"Good afternoon Ronke." I responded to her greeting in a formal way. "I didn't expect to meet you here, what a coincidence." I said to her, in my mind, I was waiting for her to go away, my client is coming.

"Oh no, it's not a coincidence." She waved me off. "I'm the client you're waiting for." She gave a smile of victory.

I was surprised, how did she do it? "Erm, but..."

"But it wasn't me who made the orders and it wasn't my voice you heard on the phone right? I know." She kept quiet for a split second then with a serious tone she continued "what did you expect me to do? You kept on ignoring my calls." She sighed. "How can you cut someone off that way?"

"I knew that Ada had called you, I didn't know what she had told you and I really wanted out from the whole drama." I told her honestly. Their actions had hurt me and I didn't want to prolong the case.

"It wasn't even Ada who had called me, it was Omotola."

That snake!

I scoffed! She has the nerves.

"Actually she called to report you and Ada to me. When I heard the whole gist, I was disappointed. How can you girls fight so dirty?"

"So Omotola called you to report me and Ada, what a snitch. Did she tell you the part she played?" I asked rolling my eyes. That Omotola is becoming so full of herself.

"She told me everything. We have a lot to talk about, but before we continue, let's order ice cream. I'm craving." She smiled.

After we had ordered ice cream, and sat down, we continued our conversation.

She told me about the call Omotola placed to her the day the whole thing happened, on how she had called Ada, spoke to her and advised her to apologise. She also tried doing same to me but I didn't take any of her calls, she had to use this method to get to me.

"Omotola is sorry but she doesn't know how to talk to you about it. She wanted me to talk to you so you could ease up then she can apologize but you cut everyone off." She said to me.

"I've forgiven her, but I don't want her apologies, she should keep it to herself." I said sternly.

"You're so hard headed. Calm down girl." She frowned. "Really, nobody has been the same since this whole thing happened. Omotola got mad at Ada, Ada was hurt from the words you said to her and Efe is just keeping to herself."

I miss them though, a part of me wished that things hadn't changed, but another part is not ready to let go of the peace I now have.

"So why do you care about me so much?" I asked "I mean I didn't take your calls and you had to go the extra mile just to reach out to me."

"I just want to do the right thing. Like I said, I've talked to Ada already and I believe she is sorry, it's just pride that is stopping her from apologising and that is because she knows you would throw it in her face" Ronke pouted.

May her pride choke her.

" I don't need her apologies." I said bluntly.

Ronke smiled.

"I've forgiven them, I just don't want the friendship anymore." I rolled my eyes.

"You will heal with time." She said still smiling. Ronke is always at ease, no matter the tension. "But I need you to know this, there are some things we can't wish even upon our enemies and one of them is an unlucky marriage." She heaved a sigh. "You should apologize to Ada for what you said, those words cut really deep."

"I wouldn't have brought it up if she hadn't mocked me to my face" I said in my defense.

Thinking about my sister's situation, I realized I shouldn't have said what I said to Ada but I couldn't help it, her words had pierced me and I needed to hit her back with stronger words.

"I know." She shook her head. "That is why you both need to apologise to each other. The bigger person should make the first move." She raised her brows at me. What is she trying to imply? That I should be the bigger person? I didn't start the whole drama, Ada did. She should be the one to apologise first.

After a moment of silence, Ronke spoke up again.

"Well, there's someone I want to introduce you to, he's my husband's colleague, he was in my house for dinner last weekend and he's very single." She winked.

My interest was piqued. "Oh." I wanted to act as if I wasn't too concerned, but deep inside of me, I wanted to know who this person was.

We talked a little about the person she was about to introduce me to, she had told him about me also. She was going to arrange for a blind date. "You both can kick off from there." she said.

I pray this works out.

At the end of it all, I was glad I had talked with Ronke and she didn't give up on me considering the number of times I ignored her calls.

"I'm sorry for ignoring your calls all these while even when you weren't the one who offended me. Thanks for not giving up on a stubborn girl like me." I reached out to her and put my hands on hers.

"Nosa, before I got married, we use to be close. You should know by now that I love you so much, you're smart and Intelligent and I wouldn't let you go the wrong path because of anger."

"Thank you."

I handed her the package I had bought and she transferred the balance to me, even though I told her to pay half the balance just to cover the cost for preparation, she insisted to pay in full because friends and family who buy and pay from their relations make business grow.

On my way home, I stopped by a book shop and bought some recommended books to read. Time to start unlearning a lot of things to create space for new informations.

Phew!

Who else loves goat meat stew? 😋😋😋

Did you like the move Ronke made?

Who do you think should be the bigger person between Ada and Nosa?

Ronke wants to link Nosa up with a man 🙃

Don't forget to vote