15

Hey guys!!! I'm so sorry this took so long 😩

To make up for the long overdue update, I'll update the next chapter tomorrow evening.

PS: This chapter might be a little bit Rusty as it's been long I wrote 😩 please bear with me 🙏🏾 I love y'all so much. Osassy 💞

I removed the first set of turkey from the mini deep fryer and put in a new set, then I walked to the gas cooker and checked if the jollof I had put on fire was ready.

Almost!

My phone beeped and I picked it up to know who had messaged me, I smiled after reading what was on my screen.

"Efe!" I called from the kitchen. She was in the parlour writing an article for her blog.

"Yeah?!" She answered.

"There's someone at the door, please help me open for them."

"Okay!" She answered with a loud groan. I know how much she hates being interrupted when she is working but this is for her own good.

I rushed out of the kitchen to the parlour to watch the event unfold. I got there immediately she put her hands on the door knob to open it. I wish I could see the shock plastered on her face when she finally opened the door.

"I'm sorry babe" Jamie pleaded the moment she opened the door. He was down on one knee with a bouquet on his hand. "Please, forgive me. I love you, you're my fiancee for crying out loud. Let's talk about this issue and settle it out."

How did this happen? Well, that night after Efe and I read the epistle Jamie had written for her on his Instagram page, I had asked her if she still loves him and her answer was what made me send Jamie a message on Instagram that night. We talked and he explained himself to me again and pleaded with me to help him win his fiancee's heart.  I told him that Efe had been in my place and if he really wanted to win her back, he had to go the extra mile and not just some epistle on Instagram so we planned his surprise visit.

Efe turned to look at me still amazed. "I'm sorry" I mouthed to her. It's obvious she still loves him and I want her to be happy.

"Stand up." She said dryly. Jamie stood up immediately.

She turned and walked inside the house. Jamie and his friend who came with him walked behind Efe. She stopped abruptly and turned to face Jamie. "Don't you ever hurt me again." She told him and immediately he hugged her. Efe has a heart of gold. You can easily win her heart if you press the right buttons and when she loves, she loves genuinely.

"Awwww" I cooed.

Efe sat on one sofa with Jamie while his friend sat on another.

"Erm, Nosa is going to deliver food to her customer very soon. Let me go pack my things so that as she is going we can all go to my apartment." Efe said to Jamie and his friend as she attempts to stand up.

"A-C-T-U-A-L-L-Y" I said slowly. I made the food for our visitors. I told her. "It's almost ready."

"Seriously, Nosa!" Efe called. She was still surprised with everything that had happened in the last few minutes. She couldn't even look at Jamie in the eyes, I'm really happy for her.

After the meal, we spent some time talking then Efe went into the room to pack her things and left with Jamie. The house suddenly felt quiet, I was already used to her presence and I missed her already.

*****

I checked myself on the mirror once again, "good to go." I mouthed. Yimika and I are going to the amusement park. I made sure to wear something smart; an orange polo on a boyfriend jean with a white sneakers to bounce. After my approval at the mirror, I picked up my white chain bag and headed for the door.