17

ayaramoji &waithys thanks for your support 💖💖💖 Your notifications on this story always crosses my timeline.

Please guys, especially to my silent readers, try to comment and vote on this story so that I would see you and dedicate subsequent chapters to you!

"Have you called mommy?" I asked her.

"Please, who is mommy?"

What?!

"Is it the same mommy that encouraged me to bear for ten years? No I don't need to call her to make this decision."

This isn't the time to advise her. First, I need to take her away from that miscreant that calls himself a humanbeing, then allow her to heal before giving her any sort of advise.

"I'll be in Delta tomorrow. Is there someone that can help you pack some of your things and that of your kids?"

"Yes." She replied calmly. "My neighbor. She has been the one helping out since this incident happened. I'll ask her to pack few of our things, thank God the kids are on holidays."

"Fine. Just relax ok? Everything will be fine. I assure you that."

"Thank you Nosa. I really appreciate this." She sounded like she would break into tears any moment.

"Stop this na. You're my sister and I have your back anytime, same way you have mine. What am I living for if I can't protect my family."

Silence.

"Well, I'll call you later this evening. Be safe." I told her, then bade her goodbye before ending the call.

As I ended the call, I dialed Osas's number immediately. I needed to borrow his car, it's bigger than mine and would accommodate everyone comfortably.

"Osas how far?" I asked him the moment he answered.

"Sis I dey o. Wetin dey play naw?"

"I dey Jare. Abeg you dey busy tomorrow?"

"No. What's up?"

"I want to borrow your car, I'll give you mine to use first. I'm traveling to Delta, I'll come back tomorrow though."

"What?"

"I'm sorry it's too sudden. But I really need this favour, as it is now, you're the only one I can call."

"What are you going to do in Delta? Where exactly are you going to?"

"Osas." I called.

"You're borrowing my car, so I think I deserve to know." He sighed.

"Well, I'm going to pick sister Itohan and her kids."

"Why?" He asked.

"They will be spending some time with me here in PH." I replied.

"From her husband's house, isn't she a married woman? If you said the kids, I would understand, not her and the kids."

"Osas..." I was about to give another excuse then he cut me off.

"Just be straight, these your replies are not leading anywhere, tell me what you want to do, why you are going there, tell me and stop beating around the bush. It's annoying. You're going to pick her up. Why?"

"Arghhhhhhh" I groaned in annoyance. "You have to promise me that you won't disclose this to anyone, really. It's going to be our little secret."

"Spill." He replied.

"Well, her husband has been beating her up for a while now." I sighed. "She has been hiding it to cover up for him but then, he did it again and she almost died."

"No joke!" He exclaimed.

"I know right, no one would even guess. They seemed like everything was alright between them."

"Nosa, I know she is your sister o, she is mine too but don't you think you shouldn't interfere in this matter? It's between husband and wife."

"I would not have interfered if she wasn't my sister and if she hadn't called me. So are you coming with me to Delta or not?" I asked him. It would help if he did.

"Well, I'm not busy tomorrow and since I'm sure that you haven't arranged with anyone to kidnap me, I'm down. Besides you shouldn't be going on these kind of journeys on your own."

"My brother in whom I am well pleased. I love you, thanks." I laughed, He chuckled and he ended the call.

After we ended the call, I went straight to my room to prepare myself for the journey I would embark on the next day then I head a knock on the door.

"Who's there?" I asked.

"Nosa! It's me Ronke, please open up."

In that moment, everything came rushing down. I was so overwhelmed with Sister Itohan's issue that I totally forgot that my heart was aching.

*****

The sun was up in full gear and it wasn't even afternoon yet, I had to wear sun shades inside the car to stop the sun from affecting my eyes. I sat down inside the car, breaking and eating the groundnut that we had bought along Bayelsa road when Osas reminded me that we were already in Delta State and we would soon be approaching the heart of the state so I should call Sister Itohan for a proper description of the hospital.

"Hello, Sister Itohan, Good morning ma."

"Morning Nosa, how are you?"

"I'm fine o. Well Osas and I just entered Delta State, we need a more detailed description of the clinic you were admitted in."

"Okay, just hang up, I would send you a text shortly." She said.

"Ok ma." I replied and ended the call.

Osas was focused on his driving. The past two and half hours we were on the road gave us room to talk about a lot of things. Every time we had deep conversations about ourselves, I can't help but be grateful for a brother like him.

He told me about his new Relationship and that he was considering settling down, he just didn't want to rush anything. He promised to introduce her to me once we get back to Port Harcourt. I also told him about my ordeal with Yimika. I could see the sympathy in his eyes. But I refuse self pity. Yes I want to get married, so does ninety percent of other women out there, but I am not desperate to keep a man. I want the man to be worth it. I don't want to rush in and out of marriage like it's a normal dating Relationship. I'm going to play my part and when the time is right, the man that God has given to me would surface.

My mind drifted to my conversation with Ronke the previous day. I remember how she encouraged me and told me not to feel bad. Definitely it would hurt a lot, but then I shouldn't allow my heart to dwell in it for too long. I should begin to make conscious efforts in moving on. Life is too short to sit and sulk over an already spilled milk.

Osas also told me to channel my energy into becoming the better version of myself. He asked me if my business is where I want it to be already, and I answered "No" then he said, "I know it isn't easy though, but if I were you, I would channel my energy into my business and make it boom. There's so much you still have to do, you have shared your plans with me before. Work on them, expand. Then serve your God will all your might, because this is the best time to actually do this, go out, you don't need a man to do that for you, take your self out, spoil you. The man would come at the right time. Stop worrying over nothing."

I felt relieved after he told me that. Having a sibling like Sister Itohan and a Cousin like Osas is one of life's best gift to me.

Next chapter dropping tomorrow evening!!!

Who else loves Osas?

How amazing are you siblings?

What is your thoughts about this chapter???

Don't forget to comment, vote and share!