5

Please guys, your votes and comments means a lot to me.

After delivering five litres of okro soup made with kanda, nsam, shrimps, assorted meat and dried fish to my customer, I went to the mall to meet up with Omotola who had been waiting for me. Valentine is coming, she and Ronke wanted me to join them in selecting gifts for their spouses.

"I still don't understand why you and Ronke chose me, to join you ladies in shopping for your men." I complained to Omotola. "I mean, there is Efe and Ada. It's me that is not in a relationship that you people are calling."

We were seated under the shade of a mobile van selling yoghurts, parfaits, natural blend fruit juice and healthy snacks.

"Efe is busy right now, you know she is on the verge of managing two blogs and it's stressful, meetings upon meetings. Let's not even mention Ada, her salon is full." Omotola explained. "Besides, you're here already so why complain?" She stated.

"Where's Ronke?" I asked her.

"I've called her, she is on her way." Omotola answered.

I ordered for a cup of fruit parfait while Omotola ordered for snacks and yoghurt to consume as we waited for Ronke to arrive. I gave her the gist of my ordeal with my mum. I even told her of how my uncle had raised a prayer point for me during morning devotion last year December when I went home for my parents thirty fifth wedding anniversary.

He said "Let's commit Nosa into God's hands so that next year will not pass her by for a good man to locate her." I was more than embarrassed I told her. I felt like I was going to explode if I didn't talk to anyone, Efe had been busy so I bared my heart out to Omotola.

We talked some more before Ronke arrived.

After much deliberation, Ronke got her husband an expensive Wristwatch and a Gucci OUD perfume for men.

Money is speaking!

For someone who doesn't work, she has quite the money to spend. Her husband is really taking care of her, no wonder she didn't complain being a full time housewife.

Omotola got her boyfriend a gift box containing; a leather belt, a pair of cufflinks, a tie, matching bracelets and three pairs of cotton socks.

"Ma'am you didn't get anything from our shop, we have nice things you could get for your man" one of the girls in the shop Omotola had gotten her gift box said to me with a friendly smile. I smiled at her and walked away.

******

Jamie the Producer decided to surprise his fiancee for Valentine's day. He had flew in from Lagos and showed up at her doorstep. Efe was ecstatic, she didn't expect it, they hadn't made plans for Valentine since they lived so far from each other.

She called me at once to let me know of the surprise visit, indirectly cancelling our plans for Valentine.

We had previously made plans together for Valentine's day, she would come to my place with her laptop and work on her blog while I'll cook and deliver food to my clients, after which we would eat, play games, gist and sleep.

I didn't have a date and Efe's fiance reside in Lagos so we had decided to stick together while the rest of the girls have fun with their men. This was the plan we had made until he showed up at her doorstep. He was going to be around for a week according to Efe and this would be a good time for them to talk more about their plans and finally introduce him to us.

I had so many orders for Valentine's day, people who wanted to celebrate at home with their spouses, people who wanted to go on picnics and needed a decent meal to take along, people who just want food delivered to their partners and others.

I knew the orders were much but I barely rejected any. I outsourced some of the orders to a trusted food merchant, I called two of Osas's sisters to help out and they were glad to come around. After each meal we prepared, we sealed them properly and delivered them through dispatch riders.

When we were done, the girls left. They probably had their own plans.

My church had a special Valentine service, but I chose not to attend. Almost everyone in my age group was married, what was I going there to do?

In the evening, I sat in my parlour couch to watch television programs. I decided to do a giveaway on my social media business accounts as a way of showing love to my customers. Even though I knew some of the people who won haven't patronized me before, it was in a bid to show love to all.

I know this is a filler chapter, but it's also important because it would be referred to later in the story.

Glossary:

Kanda - Cow hide, popularly known as Kpomo to Nigerians.

Nsam - Rivers people name for Periwinkles.

What do you think about this chapter?

Did you feel sorry for her when the store girl spoke to her at the mall?

Did you think she did right for not going to church?

I really want to know how you feel about this book, please drop comments 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.