14

AmirahJulde and unmask_reader thanks so much for your support guys 💝

"How did your date go?" Efe asked me the moment I got into the house.

I tossed my heels to a corner in the sitting room.

"Better than I expected." I smiled.

She nods her head with a smile.

"Hope you have eaten dinner? Because I'm full, I'm not eating again this night." I told her.

"Since!" She said snapping her fingers "You think I'll wait for you? You that went to enjoy yourself." She said laughing.

"Ah! Let me go and freshen up. Seems like you did not miss me." I stood up.

"No I did not, your book gave me good company." She said tapping the book by her side. She picked interest in some of the books I had gotten from the bookstore.

"Enjoy." I walked inside the room.

Coming out from the bathroom after bathing, I saw my phone screen going off. I walked to where I had kept it on the bed and double tapped. Two missed calls and a text message from Yimika. He wanted to know if I had gotten home safely.

I dialed his number.

"Hello" I heard his deep husky voice on the other side of the phone.

"Hey hi, I'm sorry I didn't call you as soon as I got home. I was in the bathroom when you called." I quickly explained. I had promised to let him know I had gotten home once I arrived. He even offered to drive behind me until I had gotten home before going his own way but I quickly refused, telling him I would be fine besides it wasn't a long drive.

"No problem, you got me worried for a second though but it's cool." He sighed. "So when am I seeing you again?" He asked.

"Well, I don't know. We could make plans later, but for now, I just want to sleep. I'm so tired, I had a long day." I told him.

When I said I didn't want to rush anything, I was serious. I also didn't want to give him the notion that I was just another lady in her thirties that is desperate to keep a man.

"Ok then, I'll call you tomorrow. Have a good night rest."

"You too, bye." Then I ended the call.

Immediately the call ended, I heard Efe's voice from the parlour. She sounded happy, maybe she was talking to someone on the phone. I quickly put on my night wear and rushed to the parlour to hear the good news.

"What's up?" I asked her as I sat now. She was still on the call.

"Nosa is here now." She said smiling.

"Who is that?" I mouthed to her.

"It's Omotola" she answered smiling. "She got engaged tonight."

"Oh! Congratulations to her." I replied her. I was loud enough for Omotola to hear.

"Alright na, we will talk tomorrow." Efe bade Omotola and ended the call.

She gave me a quizzical look.

"What?!" I asked her. I knew she was about to say something.

"You and Omotola should make up already. The babe is sorry, she feels bad about the whole situation."

"I only hear that from third parties, I've never heard it from her. If she is really sorry as she claims, she should apologize herself."

"Seriously Nosa, we both know how you can be when you're mad at someone. That's the reason why she hasn't come forth. She didn't mean any harm when she told Ada all those stuffs. She didn't know that Ada would use it in the way she did." Efe defended.