61~ A Formal Introduction

"Well, well. You certainly look much happier than when I last saw you."

I whirled around as a smirking Krystal ambled up to me.

A knowing smile curled across her lips. "If I took a wild guess, I would say something quite... extraordinary must've happened to you last I saw you." Her eyes widened in mock surprise. "And don't tell me that's a little limp in your—"

I flung my arms around her, half tackling half pulling her into an embrace. "Shut up!" I laughed, hugging her tightly.

She was laughing too and hugged me back.

Jimin and I had flown in last night to the North City in preparation for the official signing of the surrender today.

We'd booked our room in the same hotel as last time and Jimin had insisted we uphold tradition and go into the hot tub. Things became much more heated than was appropriate for a public space, however. We were able to restrain ourselves long enough to get back to our hotel room, aside from a little session in the elevator as it rose all the way to the twelfth floor. The moment we were alone in the suite he'd pounced on me and, well, the rest was history.

Now it was about ten o'clock in the morning and Jimin and I were meeting several of the trainees and even a few trainers in the hotel lobby. The plan was to head to the Infinity Council headquarters together. Even though the building was within walking distance from the hotel, for professional and publicity reasons, we were to take a car in groups.

"Well it's good to hear you laughing again," Krystal said when we finally finished embracing each other. "My goodness, I love your dress."

For the ceremony I'd decided to fancy it up. I couldn't remember the last time I'd worn a dress. The dress I wore was a simple silver wrap dress. It was light and not over the top, but fitting for the cameras and the ceremony.

Krys herself wore an indigo slip dress that confidently hugged every curve of her body with solid four inch heels. She looked ready to walk and own a runway show.

She smirked at me. "I can probably guess why you chose that color for your dress."

I blushed at her words, not even trying to defend myself.

"Where is that trainee-head-shooting-trainer boyfriend of yours anyways?" She glanced around. "I've never properly met him and I demand a formal introduction after all I've heard about him."

I gestured behind me. "He had to grab a few extra things in preparation for the ceremony. He'll be down soon."

"Why didn't you stay with him?" She leaned forward, winking. "Too afraid you guys wouldn't remain dressed if alone together for longer than three seconds?"

"Good grief, Krys," I groaned. "I came down because I wanted to see you and the others as soon as I could." I paused and looked around. "Where are the others?"

Krys rolled her eyes. "Taking their merry time, as always—"

"Hey baddie!"

My eyes snapped past Krys. A wide grin split my face when I spied Suho walking up, one hand gripping the crutch he needed for support. Beside him was Tzuyu, her long midnight violet hair flowing out behind her.

Tzuyu squealed and ran up to me and threw her arms around my neck. "I'm so glad you're here," she grinned, eyes shining and Marks glowing luminously amidst the bright sunlit hotel lobby. "You look great!"

"So do you," I immediately responded. And she did. The haunted look in her eyes had died down significantly since I'd last seen her almost a week and a half ago. Though if I looked closely there was definitely a more mature, reserved gleam in her eyes that hadn't been there before.