Chapter 11: A Hero's Name

"So, who are you going to pick this time?" Kirishima practically hollered in my ear as we walked back to the dorms after school.

I swung my fist in his direction, but he dodged with ease, "If you scream in my ear again, I'll fucking kill you!"

He kept pace alongside me, "Chill bro, shouldn't you be used to loud sounds in your ears? Your quirk isn't exactly what I'd call quiet."

"My hearing is fine, damn it!" I lied. 'My hearing isn't as sharp as it was before high school, but I'm not about to admit such a dumb-ass flaw. The continuous use of my quirk after becoming a student here at UA is beginning to take its toll. I already put in a damn request for discreet high decibel sound mufflers with the costume designers. However, those fuckers are taking so damn long that I'll be fucking deaf before I get them.'

"I've decided to intern with Death Arms. He has such manly brute strength that I'm sure I'll learn from him." Kirishima flexed his arms like a damn moron as he spoke. Then he looked at me, "Have you decided?"

"My decision was already made before the requests came in, shitty hair." I glared at the sky, "I'm returning to that damn glamour king, Best Jeanist."

Kirishima busted out laughing. "I can't wait to see your hair afterward."

I shot an explosion at him, but he hardened. However, his sleeve got singed, "Shut the fuck up, you dumb ass piece of shit! I have a matter to discuss with him!"

"Is it about a new hairstyle?" He remarked before running ahead, laughing.

"Get back here, you damn coward. I'm going murder your ass!" I was about to give chase when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

In a fury, I turned around screaming. "What!"

When my eyes met with the chocolate brown eyes of Uraraka, our Soul Bond affected me, and my anger subsided. I felt my expression soften a little.

Uraraka gave me a sheepish smile then glanced past me, "Sorry. Did I interrupt something?"

"It's fine. I can kill that shitty hair bastard later." I stated, then glanced around before asking, "Where's the nerd? Don't you usually walk with him?"

"He decided to stay behind to talk with All Might." We stood in silence for a moment before she quickly said, "So, I received an intern request from the Genius Office." She scratched the back of her head, "Since you've interned with Best Jeasnist, I was wondering what your opinion of him is. Did you learn much from him?"

I turned and started to walk towards the dorms, signaling for her to follow, "I got a request from that damn agency as well. That fashion deva must've watched the Sports Festival while he was in hiding and wants us to intern together. I wouldn't be fucking surprised if a few agencies sent requests to both of us."

She walked beside me, "Have you already decided on an agency?"

"Of course I have."

"Which one? Maybe I got a request from them too." She opened her school bag and started to dig around.

I stopped and gave her a stern look, "Decide on whoever you think you'll learn the most from. Shine and become a badass hero without voluntarily standing in the shadow of me, that damn nerd, or anyone else."

Her eyes widened, but then she nodded and pulled out a paper from her bag. It was a handwritten list of agencies with the Genius Office was at the top. After walking in silence for a moment, she looked up from her paper, "You never answered my question about Best Jeanist."