It's Fine... | Class 1A x Reader (Request)

This is a request by Wolfy_Ume

Class 1A x Secretly Suicidal reader
Where the reader acts like their fine and jokes about their depression and they don't cut themselves

Disclaimer : Mentions of depression, if this is a trigger or you don't like it, please don't read it.

Enjoy ^-^
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Your POV

Clearing my throat gently, I lean against the kitchen counter and slowly stir the tea bag into the boiling water. My eyes staring at the corner of the island lazily. Shoulders sagging slightly as my spoon clinks against the porcelain of the tea cup resting in my hands. Eyes sort of losing focus on the table, going blurry, shaking slightly before going back to normal and then repeating itself. My hand lazily clinking the spoon against the tea, running almost on autopilot. My heart beat can be heard in my head. My chest slowly rising and falling with each passing breath that I take.

Why can't I do anything right?...

Flinching gently, pushing the words to the back of my mind, I blink gently. My eyes feeling sore. My ears muffling all the sounds around me, only the sound of the metal spoon clinking against the tea cup fills my eardrums. My feet almost feel numb. My whole body feels numb. Almost like I was running on auto pilot. My mind only focusing on the corner of the island, not paying attention to anything around me.

Can't I disappear?... It would be so easy...

Suddenly, as if a switch was triggered in my brain, my head lifts up as I hear the tension cutting sound of someone clearing their throats. My eyes meeting pain stricken soft blue ones clad with square rimmed glasses. As if on autopilot, I send him a bright smile, hoping that reassures him that I'm okay as he sends me a rather pointed look.

He can see right through me... can't he?... Can't hide anything for shit...

Slowly, I set the spoon down onto the counter and take a deep breath. Hoping that my facade will stay, I sip at my cup of tea like nothings going on. Arching a brow toward Tenya as he doesn't move from his position. His arms crossed over his chest and his brows furrow. Is he trying to intimidate me into talking? He's like a disappointed parent standing like that. Are we sure he wasn't born fifty years old?

"Can I help you, Iida?" I ask, my voice slicing through the uncomfortable silence between us as I shift from foot to foot with my weight, clearing my throat as I sip at the tea, hoping my hands don't shake, "Is everything okay?"

"Are you okay?" He asks pointedly, his voice authoritative and straight to the point. You can't cut corners with Tenya Iida. He won't allow it; he's always prodding his nose in where it doesn't belong, "You've been acting quite odd... you were staring at the island..."

"Oh? I was? Ha! Must have spaced out," I muse, sending him a light and airy laugh as I lean against the counter and fold my leg over my other, "You know me! Always drifting off into dreamland,"

"Hmm... I see..." he hums, unimpressed with the response before turning on his heels and walking off, his feet pattering against the floor as he walks off, his hands swinging by his side like a military soldier, "Very well..."

They don't believe you... how can you cover this up?... You're making them feel bad...

They pity you...

Shaking my head, I set my half drunk tea down onto the side and take a deep breath. Head almost spinning. Heart beating fast. My mind nitpicking every situation at hand. Scrunching my eyes tightly shut, I grip at the kitchen counter tightly until my knuckles go deathly pale. God. My shoulders tense. My arms and legs refusing to relax. Muscles tensing. Heart picking up and —