What's In Your Scarf? | Hitoshi Shinso x Reader (Request)

This is a request by Todorokiesbay

Shinso x reader

Enjoy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Your POV

A loud whine of frustration echoes around my dorm room as I bury my head in my hands and dig my elbows into the wood of the desk. Brain set to explode, my eyes rake over the paper full of questions that's just laying flat on the desk like it's not ruining my day, my week and probably my whole life. Crumpled up pieces of paper, haphazardly thrown at the trash can in my dorm, were mainly out of the can than in it representing how bad of a thrower I am as well as how frustrated I am becoming over this.

It didn't make any sense! Then again, all questions in an exam/test/quiz never made sense at all. It just seemed to be a hodgepodge of things that the teacher manages to put together in a space of a day before handing it to the kids and expect them to know it when they really don't! It just adds a significant amount of stress onto everyone that isn't actually needed! I don't understand it, I really don't...

Why did homework even exist at this point?!

If I were in the Business Course or the General Studies Course I would understand the point of homework because it's part and partial to their course and what they want to do when they're older. However, I'm in the hero course and homework just doesn't seem palpable. When you're a hero the only theory you do is paperwork, and then again, it's just signing off documents and adding a few notes here and there. So why do hero students have to do homework too? We don't necessarily need all this education...

Then again, Mr. Aizawa would probably choke me if I said anything and give a long ass lecture that I cannot be bothered with.

As I realise a small sigh, I sit back up and turn my attention back toward the piece of paper that's slowly becoming the bane of my existence. My eyes rake over each of the questions in turn as my brain seems to want to escape my brain in this very moment. Puffing my cheeks out in annoyance, I grab my pen for the fifteenth time and attempt the questions.

Unfortunately (I say that when I'm actually very proud of him), my boyfriend is out for the afternoon catching up on training with Mr. Aizawa so he can finally join the hero course, so I couldn't exactly ask his smart brain for help. So I had to do one of two options: one, I do it on my own and fail miserably because I have no damn clue what I'm doing or two, I wait until my boyfriend gets back so I don't claw my own eyes out and throw my work out the window (which is a very tempting idea). Neither of them sounded amazing and they both still end up with me feeling stupid regardless if I require the help or not.

My boyfriend is a new hero course student, an ex general studies student, that is transferring from one course to another after showing his worth at the U.A Sports Festival and doing better than what anyone thought he would. He came in placed in the top fifteen alongside a Hero Support student, I believe, which was better than most of the hero course students. He used his quirk to his advantage, worked his way up the ladder and managed to prove everyone who doubted him wrong.

Which is something I will always admire about him...

What also makes me so proud is that he's willing to put the work in to catch up with everyone else. He's spending extra time training with Mr. Aizawa to learn how to use and manipulate his quirk with his new voice amplifier. Then, after his training, he's checking through my notes (which is a risk in itself because I probably don't have everything) to make sure that he's caught up and if he needs to learn something before he eventually joins for real. He works so hard! He deserves so much!