Vacation II

A/N: We couldn't fit everything into the last chapter. I know is this is a one shot book, but I only have so many brain cells in my one AM insomnia. There will be light fluff at the end,
to cure your heart from the soul-crushing ending from the previous chapter. Also i literally cried writing this

Word Count: 1196

Trigger Warnings: Recovery from attempted suicide, grief
—————————————————————————
Will

I found the camper a few hours ago. Besides their broken arm, they're healthy. I gave them some ambrosia and melatonin so they can heal overnight.

I'm packing up my stuff so we'll be ready to leave at sun up. I'm trying to put my sleeping bag on the least rocky part of the ground so I can sleep somewhat peacefully. I lie down, and look at the stars. I'll never tell Apollo, but sometimes I like what Artemis brings to the skies.

I zone out, appreciating the clear sky. There's so much light pollution in Long Island, there's usually only a few stars visible.

I begin to grow tired, closing my eyes. I can't wait to wake up and see Nico.

/\/\/\/\~~~~~~~~}{}{}{}{————,',',','••••••••][][][

I'm shaken awake.

"Grover? What the hell?"

"Hey," the satyr says with red eyes,"You've gotta get to camp."

"What? Why? Is something wrong?"

"I can't tell you anything. You'll know when you get there."

That's comforting. "What about them-" I gesture to the injured demigod,"-are they coming."

"No," he says," I got it. You just go, okay?"

"Okay..."

I roll up my sleeping bag and put in my backpack. Camp is a three hour walk away. The situation seems emergent, I'll just steal a bike when I get out of the woods.

      One theft, two monster encounters and four and a half hours later, I'm at camp. I walk in the big house. Chiron is in there crying. Something weird is going on, Chiron never cries. He doesn't notice me, and I have no clue how to approach him.

      "Um, hi, I didn't know where I needed to be..."

       "Oh, Will! Thank the gods you're here. Come with me," he says walking towards me.

      "Okay. If I may ask, what in hell is going on?"

       Chiron pauses, turning to look at me. "Will, Nico attempted suicide last night. He's not conscious right now, but his vitals are stable."

      I am too shocked to speak. I feel tears streaming down my face. I can't lose Nico. He is the love of my life. I hate that he's in so much pain and hasn't told me. I would've done anything to help him, anything. He needs to be alive. He deserves to be happy, he's one of the kindest, most genuine people I've ever met.

      "You want to go see him?"

       I nod.

      "Come."

     As we walk to the infirmary, a storm of thoughts fill my head. I don't know if I'm angry, sad, surprised or what. Right now, I feel shocked. I knew Nico was depressed, I did, but I had no idea it's that bad. I'm such a fucking idiot for not noticing the signs. There were so many. I've failed. As a partner, as a friend, as a person. All I need right now, all I could or will ever need, is Nico. Alive, happy healthy. And I might lose all of those in one day.

     No, I tell myself, he's going to be okay.

      Chiron and I enter the infirmary, the campers abuzz. They all turn to look at me.

     "Where is he?" I whisper this through tears.

      They all gesture to the bed that must be Nico's. What I see is absolutely horrifying. It's Nico, but not the Nico I know. His olive skin is drained of all color. His skin is stretched on his bone, making him look almost skeletal. There are various tubes on him, probably keeping him alive. He looks absolutely miserable.

     "He overdosed on Tylenol," said someone. I don't care to know who; I fear every moment is my last looking at Nico.

      "Yeah, we're trying to flush it out of his system with IV fluid, but his organs are shutting down," another adds.

      Trying to pretend this is just another i'll camper, I ask,"Did you give him ambrosia?"

     "No," someone replies, "We're afraid that it will compromise his function more and-"

      "Well what you're doing right now doesn't even seem to be fucking working!"

       "Woah, Will, okay, just calm-"

     "I'm not gonna calm down! My boyfriend is dying and you're not even fucking doing anything about it!"

     "We're doing all we can."

      "What you're doing isn't enough! Get some ambrosia in him now or so help me gods I will-"

     "Will, Will, hey, calm down, we're here," someone says," we're giving him ambrosia, you know what you're doing."

     I'm doing the only thing I can: cry. They're  wrong, I have no clue what in hell I'm doing. My boyfriend is dying and I can't help him. It hurts. The world slows down as I watch my siblings running around like wild animals doing everything they can to keep Nico alive.

    Time is standing still. I get out of my hypnotic trance, the first thing I do is look at the clock. It has been 32 minutes. The ambrosia is supposed to kick in any minute now. It had to.

     Two more minutes pass. I resign myself to the fact that he isn't going to make it. I stare at the floor, wondering how life could've gone so wrong. I look up at Nico one last time. He looks no different. I turn, leaving the infirmary in slow motion.

     Just as I put my hand on the doorknob, one of my sisters comes running towards me.

     "He's awake! Oh my gods, Will! He's awake!" She jumps up and gives me a hug. Once she lets go, I sprint to Nico.

      He looks at me," Hey, Will. I'm sorry-" he begins to cry.

      I sit next to him, wiping the tears off of his face,
"-No, no," I chuckle," don't be sorry. Just never, ever scare me like that again,"

      "Okay," he musters as much of a smile as he can,
"I should've talked to someone..."

     "Why didn't you?"

      "I didn't think it was worth their time..."

      "Baby, look at me, you're worth all the time in the world," I kiss him smiling into it. Everyone in the infirmary gets the message, so they start to leave.

     "What happened?" I ask.

      "Later," he said.

     I raise an eyebrow to make sure he's okay, and he nods. "I love you so much, baby," I pull him close to me, making sure I won't lose him again.

     "I love you too, but I suppose I'll have to work on the loving me thing..."

     "Yeah, mister, we're gonna get you a kick-ass therapist."

     "Yeah, I know," he says, making the last word almost a wine.

     "I'm so glad you're alive."

      "Yeah, so am I," he says, knowing exactly what he means.

      I kiss his forehead and ruffle his hair, holding him as right as I can without hurting him. And I never, ever wanted to let go.