49 ⋆ 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚

billies POV

i paced back and fourth

lola sat on the steps, with my mom, outside of the courthouse while we waited for them to let us see finneas..

i place my hand on my hot head and walk back and fourth.

i don't understand why they are holding him hostage with brandon,

he didn't do anything but defend me!

"billie, maybe you should sit down... you look like your gonna pass out and it's worrying me" lola says as she plays with her fingers in a antsy way.

"i cant sit down" i whine. "i'm so worried... i just want this all to be over"

i frown and look towards the ground, lola gets up and rubs my back.

"hey, mom... do you have any pain killers in your bag, i have a headache" i groan.

lola grabs my shoulders so i'm still, and she places the back of her hand on my forehead.

"b.. your burning up again" she says lowly.

"yeah... i'm hot out here" i say, folding my arms after the wind hits me.

"it's november. the middle of fall. it's freezing out.." she says blantly. "are you sure your okay?"

"i'm fine" i answer easily and reach my hands out when my mom passes me two pain killers and a water bottle.

i take it and that's when the grand doors open.

"you can see him now" and security guard says to us and i'm the first to run up the large amount of steps and into the tall building.

i look to my left and spot finneas being walked down the hall by two security guards.

"finn" i say coming up to them. "what's going on? what did they say to you??"

i ask and he looks at the two men standing next to him.

"i'm fine but.. they said they can't have any chaos in the room so their keeping me in these cuffs" he says nudging his head to behind his back, where his arms were, restrained.

i shake my head and fold my arms. my demeanor dims more.

"i just don't understand... you were defending me. he deserves every bit of that" is say blinking rapidly out of disbelief.

as i look at my brother he shrugs, his entire aura beaten down and sorrowful.. and i can see a dried up tear on his cheek.

it makes my shoulders slump and something inside me build up..

guilt

"hey, can i just talk to him... in private" i say, looking dead at the two security guards next to him.

they nod slightly, then uncut finneas for once, and i'm able to freely walk away with him.

he shakes out his hands.

"jesus christ" he mumbles.

we walk, and i let out a deep exhale.

"i know... we never officially addressed or talked about what happened between me and brandon, you know, just me and you. and i feel like there's bottled up emotions here and i can't just bare that without openly talking about it anymore..." i say stoping in front of my brother so is attention is on me.

i bite my lip a little.

"finneas, i-i wanted to tell you. everything. so badly" i say in a soft tone. "you don't know the amount of times we've walked away from each other and it physically pained me because you just didn't know... and i was struggling so bad"