58 ⋆ 𝙝𝙚. 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩. 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚. 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨. 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢. 𝙢𝙚.

A/N: hi babes :) bold writing = flashback

Billie

"are you sure you wanna do this?" lola asks me hesitant, while reading the label on a bottle of bleach.

"yes. we already laid the plastic down. i'm not picking that shit back up. and also.. it's time" i tell her after taking a deep breathe and clutching a pillow to my chest.

i was sitting on the toilet seat in the bathroom and lola was standing above me.

"you know this is gonna take like... a hella long time right?" she says, still reading the bottle.

"yeah well it's already long over due so might as well start the process now" i shrug.

"okay" she says cheerfully. "did i mention you're making a terrible decision trusting me with you're hair?"

"what?"

"nothing." lola says quickly with a cheeky smile.

i shake my head with a soft laugh. lola doubts herself a lot. there's a bunch of things she's crazily good at that no one even knows but me..

she's great at doing hair. and yet she says she has no interest in it, i still think it's a talent that could go far.

but who knows?

she can practice on me in the meanwhile and maybe it'll hit her then.

"wait." she says standing up from searching for something under the sink. "what if it's not safe? for you know.. you and the baby"

"nah, i know for a fact there's nothing too toxic in it. don't worry. i've bleached my hair like fifty million times and i'm not dead" i say casually and she nods.

lola pulls out a bowl and dye brush. she opens up the bottle of bleach and we both immediately shriek.

"oh god.. it's so bad!" lola says covering her nose with her shirt. and i cover my nose instantly.

"open the window in my room!" i say slightly coughing and lola runs to my bedroom.

"jesus crisis... my eyes burn god damnit" i wine rubbing my eyes and when lola comes back she's fanning herself.

"okay. open bottle next to the window next time. noted" she says, a little shaken and panting bit. i nod but can't help and  laugh at her state just before pouring the bleach to a measured amount in the bowl.

from the looks of it it looked like she knew what she was doing

sorta

but i trust lola, and even if it backfires we can just fix it so it's never too much harm done.

as of now, i can't go to the hairdresser cause well..

i don't want the public or the media to know about me till i'm at least almost due

and yeah, i know that's far, and sort of a lot to ask for but it'll keep the weight and stress of off me during these trimesters. so my strategy is to stay as lowkey as possible.

"okay. let's get started" lola says starting to apply to my hair and she was right

it did take ages

and ages for what i wanted to take shape.

Lola

a month later

"okay... on the count of three" billie says staring at herself in the mirror.