60 ⋆ 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙮𝙗𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙡𝙡

hi :) this chapter is a little long and i was not planning that lol - but you know the drill. grab snacks 💋

billie

it was sometime past midnight

i shut the car door and look over at lola who was just as worried sick as i was as we start walking to the tall building, and we meet in the middle to grab hands.

when we entered the lobby, i look both ways to see my mom, whom is the only one sitting there in the small space.

"mom" i say walking quickly over to her and she stands up. and she looks as if she'd seen a ghost.

she comes over to comfort my panicky statement.

"what's going on? did they update you? where is he now?"

"he's being interrogated. for like... the billionth time" she answers me, slightly out of breath.

"are you kidding me?" i asks her. staring into her eyes with confusion and fright.

"no... it's been like hours. i don't get how much they really need to ask him"

"did you try and see him?" i ask, raising a brow.

"yes, the refuse"

"yeah, well, fuck that" i say turing and rushing to the front desk.

"oh my god, billie-" lola tries to grab my arm in a rush to calm me but i proceeded to walk through her light restraint and we both just end up at the desk.

looking pretty.... small

but i'd like to argue the the counter was just- high.

there was the woman officer sitting there and she was blankly ignoring us as she read something off her computer.

i bag on the thin window.

"hey, hello? hi-" i call her constantly and she finally looks at me with a sigh and a slight eye roll.

"yes, hi. i need to get in contact with my brother. you guys arrested him a few hours ago?" i say and she holds up a finger.

"what's his name?" she asks.

i roll my eyes. it's really not that busy. i doubt they arrested anyone else in the last four hours but i'll play nice.... for now.

"finneas o'connell"

she starts typing it up on her computer, and i sigh deeply and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear as my sweater sleeve falls down my arm.

yes it was late. and i had just thrown on some of my nearby pajama pants out of rush because i had no idea what the fuck was going on.

i was pretty cold but i got out the house as quick as i could. grabbing pants was an option but look,

i'm pregnant. and that's my comfort excuse.

my hand slightly fidgeted on the counter and lola notices, she gently grabs it and takes it into her own which sets my whole body at ease.

i take a deep breath out and look up at the fair toned girl and smile fondly. she returns it and then the officer speaks again.

"oh, yeah. you can't see him" she says calmly.

"what? why?" i snap my head forward and ask her.

"because he's in interrogation. and also, there's just no visitors past these hours. sorry" she says in a sarcastically nice tone and i close my eyes.