8 ⋆ 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝

Lola's POV

there was neon lights shining down in areas of the dimed room violet and max where sitting on a bed, the sheets where everywhere and it was piled with pillows, I sat on the floor in front of billie on the couch above me, she had one of her legs kicked up and the other hanging.

Violet was running her mouth about something.

"So we go to a lot of her shows and meet up after, you know...just us. And billie" violet gave a corky smile to me.

"We meet at different places when we come here but this room is mainly where we come when were in nyc" max added.

I nodded listening to them a bit but my focus couldn't help but be on billie. The way the lights shined down on her skin. She glowed. The way she twirled her lollipop around her glossy lips. It made me crazy. The way she slouched back into the couch while sitting man-spread as her eyes suddenly matched with mine.

I looked away realizing I was staring. Shit.

I could feel her grin at me in the corner of my eyes as she moved the lollipop from her lips to just hanging barely between her fingers as her arm sat on her knee.

What was going through her head? is all I wanted to know.

I tuned back into violet as she asked me about myself.

"Well I'm 16, from LA. I dance and I love designing, but my main focus is to become a singer...But I've been hustling my way through that by teaching dance classes and selling my stuff online...I'll get there one day though" I chuckled some, looking at the girls staring back at me on the bed.

"I bet you have a beautiful voice, baby girl" I heard billies soft but raspy voice pitch in and I looked down blushing. I could feel max glare at me and it made something inside me wake. I wonder what else I'll say next to piss her off. Or what can I say.

"Billie...do you remember me?"

"Of course I do. When I saw you first about to faint something inside me told me I had to go to you"

"I mean, before the concert. Do you remember me?"

She sat up, leaning forward to me as if what I was gonna say to her next was life changing.

"The watch music video. I was a backup dancer. I know-  it's so lame that I like remember that so-"

"No. That's so cute" she laughed "how do I not remember you- what the hell. I'm sure I would have remembered you"

I chuckled some biting my lip.

"Well I was really small and so lame and annoying then so I'm prettyyy glad you don't remember" my eyes shifted to hers as I laughed I noticed her laugh syncing with mine. Our smiles matched ear to ear, I felt like she was my life line.

I could see max stand up taking a breathe and sitting down next to billie on the couch. She had a strange smile on her face. Like it was forced. She wrapped her arm around billies, sitting practically on her. I noticed billies smile fade some as she looked to her side at max.

"We teach lola how we do things, you know...as real fans" max spoke lowly as she grinned and put a finger over her lip and moved it to trace billies pink ones.

"Oh right," Billie moved from max and slid down to the floor with me, her smile growing again as her eyes locked with mine and I felt my heart flutter as she moved close. Close enough to see every little feeling in my eyes that I felt for her.

"This is gonna be our little secret right?"

"This?"

"Yeah. Just us. I want you to be in the front row at my shows, I wanna see that pretty face of yours from the stage" she spoke softly as her gaze was set on my lips and her finger caressed my chin. I was stuck. Stuck in her trance, I couldn't move, but just follow the sound of her voice. Her gaze moving back up to my eyes so intense it almost scared me. I was like i couldn't say no.