Chapter 2: The Rito Warrior

"_____, I believe that this job is one you could take!" Amirah threw her arms open, excited about informing you of an opening.

"Amirah, I barely have any training experience and I-"

"Liar." She folded her arms and stared down upon your figure, knowing well that the statement you made was false. Even Rhoam knew it. But just them.

"_____, it's just the three of us. You know that we know." Rhoam laughed a bit and looked down at the sheet of paper you had been given. "Besides... working with the potential champions could be a wonderful thing for you to do!"

"Fine. I'll do it. But for today, can I go train with Haylie? We had planned for it." You pouted a bit and they both laughed.

"Yes, you can. But be back before midnight, you promised me we'd finally hang out tonight." You happily agreed and went to collect your belongings.

After getting everything you needed, you set off for the Tabantha region to find your friend Haylie.

Just as you got there though, you found out she wasn't able to make it. So you took it to yourself to train alone.

You headed for the small training grounds hidden away in the mountains and stopped there, deciding it was a nice and quiet place to practice your aerial combat.

You pulled out your bow and paraglider and jumped off the platform ready to shoot some targets, but just as you had aimed for one and drew your bow, a strong gust of wind blew you away, causing you to release the arrows anyways. You managed to throw yourself back to the landing, and looked up to see a huge blue bird fall in front off you with a not so graceful landing. So these must be the rito...

"He-Hello?" You moved your hood out of the way to see this rito's face, but you noticed the arrow pierced through his wing first.

"You... have incredible aim." He tried to grab the arrow with his other wing, but winced with the pain that came just by moving little bit. "Even I couldn't dodge that one."

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you! I was trying to shoot the-"

"Target, I know. Your aim was spot on with that one too." You glanced back over to the targets and noticed all of them gone. "Thank hylia the arrow that got to me wasn't a bomb arrow."

"Let me help you." You helped the large bird over to the fireplace and had him sit up against the wall. You managed to remove the arrow from his wing and bandage him up, and he was surprised with how quickly you did it.

"Thank you. This was kind of you." He was able to move his wings now without pain, and he examined the wrap all around.

"It was the least I could do. The accident was my fault." You put your supplies back into your bag and looked back at him. "I also apologize if this was your training ground, I didn't mean to intrude."

"Oh, it's okay. This is free for everyone to use." He smiled with a bit of a chuckle. "And, I'm Revali by the way." He held his wing out and you shook it.

"I'm _____."

"As in Princess _____?"

"Yes, that's me." You smiled back and his green eyes widened.

"I'm honored to be in such company, princess." He bowed a bit and you giggled.

"I'm not that special. Just the queen's sister." You waved your hand a bit, brushing off the subject. Revali hummed and carefully stood up.

"Ah, a modest princess are you? I like that." He started walking towards the landing with his wings behind his back. "You shoud stop by more often."

"I think I will." You followed him, standing just a bit behind him. "I also have to come to the village because I've been tasked by Amirah to check on and protect future potential champions."

"Well, keep a special eye on me. I will - and I mean that - be the next champion. It's my destiny." He made a pose with that last bit, making you laugh.

"Well, I wish you the best of luck. And maybe I'll stick around." You joked and he fake gasped.

"Maybe? You really wish to say something so bold to the best rito warrior that ever set foot in this village?" He scoffed, looking amused with the situation.

"Maybe." You said, giving him a bit of a coy smile.

"You really know how to work your ways, don't you Milady~?" He smiled and you stood straight now, obviously unable to appear taller than him.

"Oh, no need to refer to me as such. I prefer just _____. That would be great." You got sassy right back, and he turned to face you again.

"Then I shall call you _____."

________________

Im definitely not going to have problems updating this one fast

I'm trying