Chapter 23: Potential Champions

"We're here to discuss the potential champions who will pilot the Divine Beasts." Rhoam stated firmly, neatly stacking papers in front of him. "My wife and I, as well as the elders of each civilization, have come up with a list of those who we've deemed worthy for the positions. First, introducing Queen Amirah!"

Everyone in the large room clapped, including yourself, and the noise echoed off the walls and then soon cane to a silence so Amirah could speak.

"We've brought in each village leader. Alston, leader of the Gorons. Chief Urbosa, leader of the Gerudo. Elder Kanyen, leader of the Rito. And last but never least, King Dorephan, leader of the Zora." Everyone clapped again and looked around the room at each proud leader.

"With their help, we've managed to determine some of our future champions. Starting with the Gorons, we have; Kade, Renzen, Larkk and Malv!" Four strong looking Gorons stood up and smiled as another small wave of cheers went over the croud.

"Next, with the Gerudo, we have; Jayka, Lana, Harley, and Yala!" You could tell she was a bit disappointed about Urbosa not being able to get on the list but clapped with a smile as the four Gerudo women stood up.

"Now, for the Rito, we have; Haven, Max, Falca and Eagle!" You were a bit surprised when you looked over at the Rito's Table, and then you only saw three birds. None of which were Eagle. "Although it appears Eagle may have been unable to show up. We shall wait for him."

"And finally, for the Zora, we have; Seggin, Gaddison, Lakel and Mipha!" You saw Dorephan especially happy, and Sidon sitting next to him on a mini throne, clapping for his elder sister. You were equally happy to see Mipha, since she was the only one who was taken from your list.

"We've also come up with a list of those who we think may be the holder of the Master Sword, which was rescued from the Divine Trial a few years ago by my sister-in-law, Princess _____." He gestured for you to stand up and you did, and Amirah passed you a sheet of paper. "She'll be reading off that list now."

"Captain Barry, Sir Arthur, Jack, and Nolan!" All of the men stood up, and you noticed the only one older than you was Captain Barry. The rest looked only your age and younger. And all three of the younger ones looked... a bit overly confident that it was them. Barry jusy seemed happy to have been picked.

"_____ is going to guide the Champions and Hero when the times comes. She was entrusted by the monks to lead the Hero to victory, and she is the only one who's been able to control the power of the Ancient Scrolls in quite a few centuries, if not millenia." Amirah explained to everyone, and all of the elders, champion choices and hero's nodded.

"We're now going to begin with some questions for the potential champions. Starting with the Gorons!" Rhoam looked through another sheet of paper. "How would you handle a situation where large Talus is attacking Goron City?"

"You would first get everyone to safety, and then go back alone to take care of the Talus!" Renzen answered, and Rhoam looked down at his paper and nodded.

"I would always recommend having back-up when possible, but you are on the right track, Renzen." Renzen smiled as the other gorons patted his back.

"Next question is for the Gerudo - what would you do if the reincarnation of Ganon came in the form of a Gerudo?" Amirah asked, and you noticed Urbosa wanting to answer so badly.

"We would keep the news from the Yiga Clan, and handle it properly on our own before the situation got out of hand." Jayka answered, and Urbosa leaned back and sighed, and she and Amirah quickly exchanged looks before Rhoam spoke again.

"That is correct! Well done, Jayka. Now, on to the-"

"Sure." Urbosa snickered under her breath, but enough for Rhoam to hear her.

"What was that?" She quickly looked up with a bit of red dusting her cheeks and she sighed and stood up.

"Listen, I respect the opinion of my people, and while Jayka's plan does sound logical, the Yiga always find a way around that." She explained, and everyone now had their eyes on her. "They know when a Gerudo has a son, so the only way out of it would be to tear down the Yiga first, and then handle Ganon with help from the Queen or Princess with the sealing power and the Hero with the sword who seals the darkness."

"I agree strongly with Urbosa. We Zora don't know much about the Yiga Clan, but we do know that they keep track of Ganon and his power, and they need to be stopped first. Even if Ganon's reincarnation isn't within the Gerudo." King Dorephan nodded, and even Amirah agreed.

"And I agree with both of you. We need to be careful about the power they hold in bringing on the return of this beast. I believe fully that we'll be able to stop him and Demise again with the same courage as our ancestors did, so long as we work united." She turned to you and Rhoam, and others in the room clapped. You and Rhoam did as well, exchanging looks with each other.

"Wonderful additions. Now, moving on to the Rito!" Amirah rolled her eyes a bit with a smile at how fast Rhoam moved on but she and the others knew it was for the good of time. "What would you do, if say, Princess _____ was with you, and the two of you got into an attack with multiple Taluses or Hinoxes?"

"I would work with the princess and create a plan to defeat the foes." Max stood up and said, and as Rhoam was about to open his mouth to make a comment to the statement, you heard a scornful laugh come from the two large double doors behind you.

"The princess's safety should always be the first priority, so once she's secured in a safe place I would go back and defeat the foes easily." You recognized that voice! And then of course, the blue bird made his way over to the table, all eyes on him. He sat down in Eagle's spot, waving at you with a smile.

"While that is very thoughtful, the combined strength of the both of you would do well together. She does have the strength-"

"I do understand that _____ has the full ability to take down a few measly Taluses, but say they were ice Taluses? I wouldn't want her to get injured so close to her battle with Ganon since she plays such a major part. Besides, it would be my job to fight them since I'd need the practice to be a good champion. She already knows what she's doing." Revali leaned his head on his wing as he finished, and you blushed a bit and smiled.

"Good answer!" Amirah wrote a check on Rhoam's clipboard, and he shrugged and nodded. "Now, moving on to the Zora! What would you do if the Lynels from Ploymus Moutain made their way down to the domain?"

"I would have all of the Zora head downstream to avoid the Lynels, and then our best warriors and I would take care of the Lynels to protect my father. And if there were too many, then we all leave together to head towards Hyrule Castle so they wouldn't see us." Mipha answered, and Amirah wrote something down with a grin and then looked back at the Zora Princess.

"Very smart answer, Mipha. Thank you." Mipha smiled and sat down, and Dorephan and Sidon clapped for her as well as the others. "Now, for the Hero, _____." She had you stand up, and you looked at the paper again to read the question.

"What do you believe to be your purpose in this battle?" You looked over at the men, and then all looked at each other. "Oh, and for this one we want everybody to write down their answer without saying it. All twenty of you."

"Based on you answer to this question, you could be one of the choices for dinner tomorrow evening. We're only taking one from each group." Amirah said, and everybody began writing quietly.

"Hey Amirah?" You whispered to her. "How did you manage to get Revali in?"

"I might have spoken with him and Eagle." She winked at you, and you giggled and looked back at Revali. He was already writing, while some of the others were still thinking.

At least your picks got into the top fours. This isn't the semi-finals anymore, though.

________________________

I forgot to say this on the last chapter, but thank you guys for 2K reads on this book!🥳💙