Chapter 56 - Puppy pedicure

Harry's pov

"Thank you so much for watching him." Louis says as I hand him Freddie.

Emma is knocked out upstairs after playing tag with Freddie. He has short little legs, but he can run oddly fast.

Freddie wasn't that bad. He's a cheeky kid and very energetic, but other than that he's good.

"No problem."

"So... you two a thing?" He asks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Me and Emma? No." I laugh, shaking my head. "No, not really."

"Not really?" Louis raises an eyebrow.

"It's a long story." I reply.

"Ok." He nods. "Well, I can tell you fancy her."

Anyone could tell I fancied Emma. I'm absolutely in love with her and I know I'm not good at hiding it at all.

"I do. A lot." I reply with a smile.

"Then what's the problem?" Louis ask.

"She's not ready for a relationship." I reply. "All I can do is wait."

"That's true. But, you guys do look perfect for each other." He says.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Hoping she'll be ready soon." He replies.

"I am too." I nod.

We say goodbye and I shut the door with a sigh. It's been a long week and I'm happy to finally just get alone time with Emma.

Right as I am about to go upstairs, there's a knock on the door.

Scratch that. Apparently I don't get to have a peaceful vacation.

I open the door to see a man standing there with a crate.

"Got your dog." The man spoke in a monotone voice and he lifts up the crate, showing Styles.

"His name is Styles." I reply, giving him a dirty look as he just rolls his eyes.

Don't disrespect Styles.

I shut the door, setting the crate down and opening it. Styles runs out and starts barking, jumping on me with his tail wagging.

"Hi. I missed you too, buddy." I smile, picking him up.

"How about we go see Emma, yeah? I bet you missed her." I say, walking up the stairs while he barks in response.

I open the door seeing Emma splayed out on the bed, her mouth open with drool coming out while she lightly snores.

She's not the prettiest sleeper, but that's alright.

I set Styles down on the bed and he runs over, licking her awake.

"No, Harry. I'll eat your ass later." She mumbles in her sleep while Styles continues to lick her face.

I try to hold back my laughter as she finally wakes up, seeing Styles.

"Styles." She gasps, sitting up and picking him up. "Oh my god, I'm missed you bub."

"So, you're not going to eat my ass right now." I fake pout as she glares at me before flipping me off.

"When did he get here?" She asks.

"Few minutes ago." I reply.

"So, what are we doing today?" She asks, rubbing Styles' belly while looking over at me.