XXIII

As soon as three days after Seokmin and Chan's departure to Dunvar, weirdly enough, she has been receiving cookies.

Cookies that made her unlock the tiniest bits of fragments from her memories somewhere in her brain.

The familiarity of the taste was so overwhelming that when she had first taken a bite of that, oddly sent tears to cascade down her cheeks and she didn't even know the hell why. It just seemed so familiar, she can't put a pin in it.

Anyways, a knock from her door snapped her out of her thoughts. In came a new maid that was sent under her from Jihoon to do her hair since the last one was pregnant and needed a break.

"Your Highness, a guard handed this to me. It was addressed for you." The girl smiled softly, although she didn't know her name yet as she only started just this morning today, this girl was around 17-19 and was kind.

"What is it?" She stood up from her chair in front of her desk and walked to her, observing the familiar wrapping with the letter attached on it.

'To my Princess
-M'

It was the same letter she received yesterday with the cookies for the first time. It had the Royal Family seal on it as well. Which was odd because first and foremost, the only ones who had access to the seal were Jihoon, his wife, Jeonghan as he was appointed to become a Prince officially since 4 years ago, Seokmin, her, Chan and his wife.

It got the best of her. None of the royal families had names to start with 'M'.
At one point, she thought it was Seokmin as apparently, she calls him 'Min' but it would be stupid of her to not realize that this wasn't her Husband's penmanship.

Seokmin, or more likely royals such as herself now, have been trained to calligraphy classes. The most important class for a royal person.

Say, suggesting it was Seokmin. Reason: She calls him 'Min'. Could be, but it only took her a good minute to realize that it wasn't him. Why? Seokmin's penmanship looks so neat and precise she could even swear that his penmanship was a shit lot prettier than Jeonghan would be. Even he would agree.

But this, this is just way top-up simple. Yeah, the penmanship was nice and pretty to look at, but a Royal's just have the differences.

Mingyu? No, though he was a very close friend of Jihoon. That tall puppy would rather anger the heavens and punish him rather than having to experience Jihoon's deadly wrath.

Minghao? That boy would only come in the Palace to sleep, eat and basically just live in the library where Jihoon had built his corner and put a bed there only for him.

So, who was it really?

"Your Highness? Are you okay? I've been calling you for the past 2 minutes now... Is something wrong?" She snaps out of her trance and smiles awkwardly.

"Erghh no... Everything's fine. I remembered, Storm and the other kids are supposedly having a two week Field-Trip? Please, pack Storm's things and make sure he's ready. He's excited to spend some time with his cousins and his other friends." The girl smiled and bowed her head respectfully before heading out her room.

Whoever it is that's sending this to her, she's thankful. Now that Seokmin's cuddles won't be back again until January next year and hell, it's still September 15th. These cookies somehow replace his cuddles as they give her some sense of protection and reassurance. As crazy as it sounds.

°

"Mother!! I've arrived from school!" Storm busts inside her room to see that she's combing her waist length hair. She puts the brush down and smiles at him before walking to him and engulfing him in her embrace.

"Welcome back, are you ready for your field-trip tomorrow? You won't be back for a while. I'm gonna miss you." She smiles softly at him and Storm's eyes widen, realizing something.

"M-mother, should I just not go? Father has left. I promised him that I'd protect you-" she laughs softly before combing her slender fingers through his soft black hair.

"Silly, I'll miss you but I'll be okay. I do have your Uncle Hannie with me and besides. You'll miss the fun if you don't go. Your other cousins are coming. Don't sorry, Mother will be fine. Okay?" Storm was hesitant. He nods after a good 3 minutes.

"Okay..." He smiles softly and buries his face on her neck while he entangles his legs on her waist and she laughs.

She stands up with him koala hugging her in her front.

"Storm- oh. Good afternoon, Auntie." Yuki smiles when they bump into each other's way in the central hall.

"Good afternoon, Yuki. Where are the others? The palace is oddly silent." Yuki looks around and shrugs as well. She noticed. Both Yuki and Storm are still clad into their school's uniforms.

"Yuki hyuuuuunngg- oh. Hi, Auntie!" Chen arrives and the two girls followed suit, greeting her as well.

"Why not all of you go change first and we'll stroll around the Palace? How's that sound?" They cheered. Dispersing into the maze-like hallways and disappearing into their rooms.

"Storm, come now. Let's change into something more comfortable." Storm nods happily before running away back to his room which was just beside Her's and Seokmin's.

°

"Auntie, Father and Uncle Seokmin had gone to Dunvar for three months. But they'll be back next year in January? That's a long while..." Chen lowers his head and she tightens her grip on his small hands as some sort of reassurance.

"I know, Chen. We all wait patiently. Okay? Indeed it is a long time and they can't celebrate Christmas with us but we do send them letters. It's going to be okay.." Chen looks up at her and smiles.

"Tomorrow, you kids are going to be away from us for two weeks. Don't fight, okay?" They smile and nod. "Yuki, you're the eldest but don't worry, Storm can help you out. Am I right, Storm?" Storm smiles happily.

"Sure I can, Mother." She kisses his forehead.

"Lia, Aki. Don't pull each other's hair, okay? You have to help each other out there. You only have each other's backs. All of you." The twins hold hands and nod affirmatively at her.

"And lastly, Maknae, Chen. Don't give your older cousins a hard time. Okay? I know you're all hyper but, don't forget to behave as to not give your teachers a hard time, okay?" Chen salutes at her.

"Mother, when is Peanut gonna arrive here?" Y/N laughs at Storm's curious eyes and that expectant smile on his face.

"Not in another five months, Storm." His face fell into (-_-').

"Right, ehhh... It's too long!!"

"I have a newssss!!! I'm going to be an older brother as well!!! Mother just found out now!!" Chen cheers and they all O-o'.

W-what now?! Does Chan know? Y/N shouts mentally and face palms.