V

A few months less than 5 have passed. This week was stormy and the rain still hasn't ceased since two days ago. Although, it was not that hard, the winds were indeed harsh.

It's around 10 in the morning but due to the dark clouds, it seems afternoon. The pitter-patter of the rain collide against the tiled roofs from the second floor. Y/N was asleep as always. Jeonghan was down in the living room with the other boys.

"What's your plan to retrieve the throne?" Jeonghan softly asks while staring at the action movie. Jihoon looks at him and pets Chan's hair located on his thighs.

"I won't be the one to retrieve the throne and the crown." Seokmin looks at his brother the same time as Jeonghan looks over in confusion.

"What do you mean, Jihoon hyung?" Seokmin stares at him with brows knitted together. Jihoon smiles softly.

"Arthur." Seokmin's eyes widen and he stumbles upon himself. Jeonghan grabs his arm just in time, before setting him down in between his legs on the floor.
"It's been a long time, huh? You know."

Seokmin was horrified. He was confused, he was hurt, he was... Anxious. Knew what? What the hell is his brother talking about?

"We all know. You are the rightful heir to the throne, Arthur. You have always been the most-capable one among us three. I give that to you. You are responsible, you are kind, although, you can be loud at times. But to me, Arthur, you are the man the throne submits itself to. The true owner of the crown and glory." He smiles softly when Chan plants his chin on Jihoon's thigh and nods at Seokmin with a light smile. "I have a family, Seokmin. You, Chan, My Wife and my soon-to-be born child. I can't take care of the country at the same time with my family. I'm not much of a multi-tasker and you know that. I'm always behind your back. Don't be too burdened. Me and Chan will share your worries. If you have problems, you better come and tell me." Seokmin nods after a while then smiles.

He doesn't agree more about the fact Jihoon is indeed, the best brother. He's the luckiest out of every single person in the world to have this man, he was the lucky one to tell the world, Jihoon was his brother.

"But the rebels-" Seokmin cuts his words when Chan yells.

"Noona! You're awake!" The girl nods and looks over to the kitchen. Jeonghan pulls her sleeve.

"No food. I didn't cook. I was lazy." She rolls her eyes but nods and sits beside Chan.

There was an uncomfortable silence shared so Jeonghan decides to break it. "Y/N, how come all these time we spent under one roof together, you've rarely spoke to Seokmin? You speak with Chan and Jihoon-"

"Is it required? He doesn't want to talk to me guessing by his face every time I'm around, so why bother?" She laughs non-humorously and Jeonghan smacks her head.

"You're quite something."

"I know. Anyways, I heard what you were talking." They widen their eyes and she shrugged. "Is it that much of a deal if I hear you talking about the throne? As you said, we've spent this much time living under the same roof. What's the deal about it?"

Seokmin rolls his eyes mentally.

"Noona, how are we supposed to get the throne back?" Chan leans his head on her shoulder, clearly sulking while hugging both of Jihoon's legs.

"Let's play by their game, but we do it under our rules." Jeonghan stares at her as if she's gone cuckoo. "What? Don't look at me like that! I may be crazy but I'm quite an intellectual."

"Okay, whatever floats your boat. What should we do?" Jihoon laughs.

Sensing Y/N's smirk, Jeonghan's eyes widened.

"You are not planning that kind of crap again, are you?" She smiles then nods softly. He face palms.

"I don't know if you're thinking what I'm thinking but let me speak." They all nod. "From what I've heard, they have conquered through ambush." Jeonghan nods, and the other three follow. Not really sensing her point.

"Of course, people who ambush to get what they want, are actually people who chicken out when being confronted. You've seen the way Eunseo act. She's a-" she covers Chan's ears tightly before mouthing "-bitch."

"They are rebels-"

"Shut that mouth, Prince. I know what I'm doing." Jihoon clams his mouth shut with a laugh.

"What are the rebels before they became rebels?"

"...people?" She nods and clicks her tongue and fingers at Seokmin's answer.

"Bingo. People who have turned their backs against people who don't give them what they want. In all honesty, I could just go ahead in the palace and poison them. Not a big deal, but I'm lazy so... No." Jeonghan grunts and sighs.

"But we shouldn't let our guards down. We have to prepare. Train mentally, physically and emotionally. You have to work hard to earn what you want. Not.. Stealing it." Jeonghan looks at his sister quite amazed.

"I thought the only thoughts in your brain were food and sleep. I didn't expect you to know these kind of topics. Although, I don't fully understand your point, it's starting to get to me." She rolls her eyes.

"That is true. Food and sleep. But I never miss out my lectures for basketball, Hannie~" she smirks. Jeonghan looks away after sticking his tongue out at her and rolling his eyes.

°

"Noona," she looks at Chan whose staring at the windy view outside. "I'm really thankful."

"For what, Chan?" He smiles but she sees a tear fall down his cheek but he immediately wipes it away.

"For everything. My hyungs. Lord Yoon, you and Jeonghan hyung. The other hyungs." She smirks softly and pats Chan's back in a calming manner.

"My hyungs have been with me since I was very young. I grew up with them as our parents we're always away so I was distant with them. My hyungs are more than just my hyungs. They are my parents, my brothers, my best friends, and my partners for life."

"I can't really see tomorrow without them. When the palace was ambushed, I didn't know what do. I was scared, we'd lose our parents and everyone we cared about. I was afraid if Seokmin hyung haven't pulled me to him, I would die."

"During the chase, I could see hyung was also struggling. He was scared and he wanted to cry, but he didn't. He knew he had to be a big brother to me, so that's what he exactly did. He told me everything was going to be fine, though I could see it in his eyes that he'd be scarred for life."

"When I woke up, I was in a totally different place. I first saw you, Noona. I stared at you because I was scared and I didn't know what to do. I thought the rebels have caught us and held us hostaged."

"You screamed and I saw my hyungs. I thought- I thought..." He was crying and the girl hugged him softly, understanding and feeling sorry for the younger lad. "I thought that everything would be okay, despite the fact we're held hostages by the rebels as long as I have my hyungs by my side."

"Then Jihoon hyung explained. I was feeling stupid. You were the ones who helped us escape their wrath. I didn't know what got them so mad."

"You are the best, Noona. You made me cookies, you watched movies with me, you protected me from that weird lady Eunseo. A lot more to be thankful for. You and Jeonghan hyung are angels noona. Angels sent by our Parents to be with us."

"I'm sure I'm not that Angel we hear in bibles, Chan. I'm a dark angel." Chan laughs and sniffles.

"We are so lucky to have met each other, Chan. I guess I became a little bit more responsible after I met you guys. Especially you, you crybaby. I thought I had to be a very good older sister in your eyes. Sheesh." They both laugh and wipe their tears away. Holding each other like the family they've grown attached to each other with as time passed by.

Yet another chapter of their lives unleash as you continue to flip the pages.

Edited: 15th of August, 2022nd

Woozi had a long ass speech only to take throne for himself😚. We love nonsensical fillers to make a longer chapter. I know I missed some errors, but it's literally 11:40 pm right now and I have classes tomorrow 😭.

I love you guys! ❤