17b: Truer Talk

Trigger warning in this chapter. Proceed with caution 🥺❤️
*

Sophia belongs to Rihanna_Adedeji and Chimdi belongs to sawvvy. I take no credits for those characters.
*

Chapter dedicated to adwoayayra. It's your turn, hon!
*

No quote. It's intentional.
*

Asa

"Mtcheww. Drama queen. Weyrey." A girl hissed out loud.

There was silence for a moment. Blood roared in my ears but my classmates present in the bus jumped to Kosi's defence.

"See her mouth like weyrey. A girl, trying to make her fellow girl look bad. Don't go and find what's doing you!"

"You saw how she was shaking and scared and you still have the yeye mind to say she's faking it. Inside life, sha."

"Wahala wear uniform."

"Oya o! You people, it's starting again!"

I stared at the screen. This time, Kosi had her face, wiped clean of make-up. The roundness of her cheeks made her look cuter and almost unrecognizable without all the make up she's usually on. There was a bottle of water in her hand and she looked more composed now. "Sorry." She mouthed at the camera and smiled sweetly.

Someone cooed, "awwnn!"

"Okay, let's get you eased up. Why don't we start with you, telling us a bit about yourself. Just to get you more comfortable."

Kosi laughed nervously. "Well, I'm Kosi. Y'all already know. I'll be turning eighteen in a bit. I love everything from beauty to fashion designing and I'm grateful for the opportunities being an influencer turned celebrity has opened for me. I never want to take anything for granted. Oh! And I have two best friends! Asa and Jemi, I won't give them up for the world, I love you two!"

There was a round applause around me and loud cheering. Detra nudged me a bit and giggled.

I was stunned. Besides the fact that she had acknowledged me on live television, she also acknowledged Jemi... Which means... They had reconciled. Oh God! My heart leaped.

Then I remembered how angry and confused Jemi must be feeling now, and my heart dropped.

"Why don't you tell us how you met your friends with you today."

"Well, everyone practically knows how I met Trev."

"Trev, here!" Trevor waved at the camera. "I'm her boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend." She corrected firmly. Trev rolled his eyes good-naturedly. "Oh and Sophia is someone I've always admired but was too intimidated to talk to. I got acquainted to her, months ago, through a mutual friend."

"Shade Onam!" Sophia quipped and Kosi giggled.

"Yes, Shade is such an angel."