2: Downtown

I'm tagging a lot of ppl today cos... Well, it's important:

Happy birthday, _Utopian_ I hope you have a great day and find your Amir some day cos u deserve a prince as much as every girl out there✨✨

Thank you so so much _Esquell for this beautiful beautiful cover🥺❤️

Real quick. Pls, check out TOLA_AISH's book "Facades" and add to your library and RL. She just started it and it's a really great read. She needs all the support she can get.
*

When the lions come

Will you lose your pride?

_Jon Bellion.
*

Asa

I stumbled into the bathroom and picked up my toothbrush. It clattered to the ground. I stared at my shaky, sweaty palms and wondered if I'd survive today.

I freshened up and found Jemi and Tasha talking in the balcony. I stopped in my tracks and watched them. The sight was too beautiful. Polar opposites were they. Tasha, with her purple hair, dark skin and dark, skintight clothing and Jemi with his bright skin and brighter, lose outfit. Both, equally beautiful.

They seemed to be talking about something serious. I didn't know what it was about but Tasha said something that made Jemi tense. He looked at her, sternly, his lips formed around the words, "are you sure?" Tasha frowned and looked away, as if offended.

And Jemi surprised me. He pulled her into a warm hug, murmured something to her that I didn't catch.

This was so weird. Jemi was only this touchy-feely with Kosi. Now, he's hugging Tasha of all people.

I coughed, interrupting them.

They both turned. Tasha wouldn't look at me, a shy, embarrassed smile on her dark painted lips and Jemi was all beaming, radiant smiles his hand was still draped over her shoulders.

"You... know each other?" I prompted.

"Yes." Tasha smiled, looking me in the eye. "We met in Offshore. I never told you."

I narrowed my eyes at her, at both of them.

"Are you ready?" Jemi asked, concern grazing the tresses of his eyes.

I smoothed out my skirt and painted on a smile, as painful as was fake. "Yes."

Jemi noticed. He noticed but didn't say anything only nodding encouragingly, golden eyes, softening. "Let's go."

_

It was raining. It was raining in January and I almost laughed at the anomaly.

It never rains in January.

Right now, my mind was falling and scattering like raindrops on the ground. I curled my hand into a fist. Unclenched, clenched, unclenched clenched... Silently awed by how numb I felt.