Tsukishima Kei - Like Glue

Start from the beginning

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Let go."

"No way monkey bars, you're the athlete here. You can stand to give me a piggyback ride to the gym."

Tsukishima sucked at his teeth, letting a tisk escape him as part of his lip raised in a snarl. "Why me?"

"Well," you began, talking loudly into his ear as you pushed your arms down into his shoulders and around his neck. "You're the tallest person I know, for one. For two, I can bully you into it. And for three, I just so happen to get the perks of being your superior."

"It's hardly bullying if you tackle me, and you're not my superior in any way shape or form."

"You're right, you get the 'form' superiority hands down." You smacked his chest. "But that doesn't matter, you're stuck with me."

Tsukishima groaned, using an unbalanced kick to knock the gym door open. "When did I die and get sent to hell, and furthermore, what for?"

"Hmmm, don't know. OH! You know what I'm gonna call you? It's really clever, really. Tsukei, eh, eh? Get it?"

Tsukishima quickly dropped your legs, letting your back end weight fall to the gym floor as you desperately tried to cling onto his neck. "End my suffering please."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

You glared at the sheet of paper that sat limply in your hands, scrutinizing every line.

"Ah, Shoyo," you started, calling for the younger boy's attention, to which he leaned sideways over the desk you both sat on. "The grammar of this sentence is wrong. You want to say. Black cat, not cat black."

"OH! Okay, What about this one?"

As the two of you spoke, the other 1st years stood patiently at the doorway to your classroom, watching as you ruffled Hinata's hair at the success of him doing something correctly. Tsukishima scoffed as Yamaguchi patted his own hair in wonder.

"Why are we here?" The blonde scoffed, to which the dark-haired Kageyama growled.

"Hinata wanted to check over his English homework, but Yachi is working on something and can't help. (L/N) just so happens to have one of the top English grades in the school."

Yamaguchi, lifting his hand off his head, placed both hands at his sides. "I think (L/N) lived abroad for a few years? Or that's at least what I think Tanaka said."

Tsukishima scoffed as he watched the short redhead pack up all of his things, messily packing them away as he gave you repeated thankful bows. To which you laughed and pulled the boy into a smothering hug. "That explains a lot actually."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

You sat against the wall, legs splayed out on either side of the younger boy's hips at you braided small strands of dark olive coloured hair. He wiggled nervously, shivering as he tried to use your available body heat at his back to warm himself up.

"Yamaguchi, deep breaths. Everything will be okay," you crooned behind him.

Noya, who was laying down on the splotchy tiled floor at your side hummed as he swung his feet back and forth. "Ya dude, that Ushiwaka guy doesn't stand a chance against us!" Eyes closed, he swung his weight onto his shoulders, lifting his legs into the air, and used the available momentum to arch a jump back onto his feet.

"You're gonna knock someone over if you do that," Tsukishima scoffed from the other side of the hallway before quirking up one side of his lips. "That is if you can reach their centre of gravity."

"Oh fight me you giant. I'll take you down in two swings." Nishinoya bounces on his toes as he held his fists up near his face before making a dive towards Tsukishima's stomach.

Tsukishima, with his quick reaction time and a lazy gaze, lifted a hand to catch Nishinoya's head like a volleyball in the palm of his hand, forcing the shorter boy to run in space at an awkward angle.

You sighed, rubbing Yamaguchi's shoulder as you stood up. Stepping over the nervous boy's legs you sauntered over to the bickering pair and stood proudly, with an expecting smile, painted on your face. "Awe look at your two, come here!"

Before they could separate, you swung your arms around the available real estate of their torso's and pulled them into a crushing hug. You gripped their uniform jackets as they tried to push away. "Stop it. It's a bonding moment."

"Let me go, you twerp."

Nishinoya was quick to melt into your side, reluctantly hugging your waist as he glared up at the taller boy that stood awkwardly in your other arm.

"No way in hell. You will feel the love! Embrace it, Tsukei!"

"I don't embrace anything."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

There were times you regretted dropping sports and others where you envied the athleticism of your friends. Never often, but the burning gasps that ripped through your chest as you ran down dizzying stairs and labyrinth-like hallways was one of those moments.

The crowd continued to chant loudly, and you could head the stomps of your school above your head, but all the sounds seem to get drowned by the hurried steps you took through the halls, the vibrations running inside your bones with each step and the loud thumps of your head throbbing.

There was talking up ahead, not that you could understand a word through your mind's fogginess, and you turned the corner through the open door.

"Tsukei!" Pant. "Are you alright?" you sucked in a harsh gulp of hair, burning your lungs as you bend over, hands on your knees. "Your hand's hurt, I saw blood. I came running." You could feel Yachi's hand rub your shoulder. You looked up from the tiled floor, staggering forward before falling onto your knees before the sitting man, arms resting on his legs as you gently took hold of his hand. "Tape? It's not broken is it?"

"Dumbass, wipe your tears before you stain my uniform."

You hadn't even felt the heat on your cheeks, only now as your breaths began to shallow. You let them pour, hands gently caressing the sides of Tsukishima's bandaged palm.

"I was so worried."

"Idiot, it's not your game to cry about." Tsukishima let the sight before him solder itself into his mind as he reached his uninjured finger pad gently at the damp tears under your eyes.

"But it's yours."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

I'VE BEEN PLAYING GENSHIN NON-STOP, HELP! On another note, I'm in the planning stages of the BNHA fic I want to write, and I'm also thinking about a Kenma Fic too, Soooo brain dead, no thoughts. I wish I had more time. But with that, give me some intricate quirk ideas that I can build from. - Bacon 

Posted: 22/11/2020