Nightmare

Hayami's psyche was long gone from the real world. Her body finally gave into the physical and emotional high it had been running on for a few hours and forced her into a deep sleep. As soon as her eyes closed, she drifted off into a dream.

~~~~

"Okay Hayami-chan, listen up. Here's the plan, one more time." Souta Chinoike whispered to himself, Hayami Chinoike, and two other young clan members. The children, all aged six years old, had gathered underneath a camellia tree in Hell Valley. Only a few flowers were ever visible or survived the temperatures of Hell Valley. The camellia was one of them.

"Oh, give it a rest. I know the plan, alright!" Hayami boasted with a giant smirk and jabbed a finger at her brain. Signifying that she had the plan under lock and key in her mind.

"Well let's just assume some of us don't, so keep going, Souta-kun!" Another six year old in the small group, Nozomi Chinoike, chimed in. Her and the other member of the small group that completed the quartet of friends were currently devising a plan to sneak out of their mandatory school lesson and go out to the outskirts of the Valley. Located there, at the edge of Hell Valley, was a newly abandoned building that was currently serving the purpose of the group's playhouse. 

Kuraim Chinoike, a typically gloomy and pessimistic young boy of the clan gave a heavy sigh and dropped his head. "What's the point you guys, Tadashi-Sensei will find us, he'll tell our parents, and then we'll get in trouble, and then-" Nozomi gave Kuraim a light smack upside the head.

"Quit complaining, Kuraim-kun! Hayami-san and Souta-kun came up with an awesome plan, foolproof actually."

"Well I wouldn't exactly say that, Nozomi-san, you guys are a bunch of fools." Hayami said, bursting out in a fit of laughter. Causing her three friends to glare at her before giving into her infectious laughter. All four six year-olds were trying to quiet their rambunctious fit of laughter and get back to the business at hand.

"Okay, okay, give it a rest everyone!" Souta reasoned, gingerly lifting his hands up and down, as if putting out a figurative fire. He was well aware that once he and, especially his friends, started laughing there would be almost no way to get back on track. They all shared that quirky sense of humor that once they were laughing, everything immediately now was ten times funnier. "Here's the plan one more time, you guys. We each make a clone and send it to our lesson for today in our spot. We all already did the first part. You know, what we all talked about last night!"

Hayami nodded and gave a wild grin. "Show what you brought, everyone!" Hayami herself pulled out a prepacked picnic basket. Inside was a black and white checkered blanket, four servings of both Yaki Onigiri and Hanami Dango for dessert. Yaki Onigiri, also known as grilled rice balls, were very popular amongst the group of best friends. Hayami's mother had made some for their family and a few visitors last night for supper. The pink, white, and green dango was also quite the crowd pleaser. Also located in the basket were the standard collections of plates, utensils, and napkins. Not to mention, a few bottles of water.

Nozomi smiled and pulled out a pad of drawing paper, some paints, and brushes. Kuraim sighed, yet again, and pulled out a deck of cards. Souta pulled out a miniature shogi board and smiled at all the items in front of him and his comrades. Of course, the only two who actually enjoyed playing shogi with each other were Souta and Kuraim. All of them were proficient but those two really had a knack for the game, something about the strategy and outsmarting your partner really intrigued the both of them. Nozomi and Hayami were good at shogi and would play regularly, but they just didn't have the love for it like those two did.