Creating A Seal

"Lady Tsunade, did you decide what you're going to write to the Raikage yet?" Kakashi asked as he entered the Hokage's office.

"Not a clue, Kakashi. I would be doing the right thing if I requested that she stay in the Leaf, right?" Tsunade asked the jonin who was standing in front of her.

"I believe so. You saw firsthand how much potential that girl has. And also," Kakashi motioned to the window overlooking the village that resided behind Tsunade's desk. "Take a look down there."

Lady Tsunade turned around and was able to see from her office a group of teenagers walking together. The younger members of Team Kakashi were walking with the members of Team 10, Team 8, and Team Guy. And amongst them was Hayami Chinoike. The group had just finished a lunch at the local barbeque restaurant and were now showing Hayami around the village. Tsunade smiled down at the scene below her as the group went down a street and out of view.

"I was worried about her and if she'd even be accepted by the shinobi her age here. But it looks like I had nothing to worry about." Tsunade turned back toward her desk and sat down in her chair. "I want that girl to be a shinobi for this village, get stronger, and be an asset. But most importantly, I just want her to be happy."

"That'll come with time. But I don't think we have anything to worry about, regarding her acceptance by those kids down there."

"This is all great news, but I don't think the Raikage and Land of Hot Water's feudal lord will care that she's making friends here in the Leaf." Tsunade sighed and closed her eyes, folding her hands underneath her chin.

"They may even request we have her escorted back to one of their lands immediately." Shizune spoke, worry lacing her voice.

"That's what I'm afraid of." Tsunade sighed.

"Think about it. She is the last of her clan with an incredibly deadly kekkei genkai. If she gets even a little training from anyone with bad intentions, she'll be a walking machine. That young woman could be an assassin if she gets some more training, however that's a power that shouldn't be taken lightly." Shizune elaborated.

Kakashi exhaled a long breath before giving his thoughts. "Fight to keep her in the village, Lady Hokage."

"For all we know, maybe she doesn't want to live in the Leaf. We might be doing her a disservice by insisting she stay here."

Someone entered the Hokage's office, giving their two cents on the issue. "How about you ask her yourself instead of trying to guess how she feels." Jiraiya advised. "I know yesterday was a bit off putting but look at how well she's getting along with everyone. If this place isn't her home yet, I'm sure it will be soon."

The three other ninja in the Hokage's office absorbed Jiraiya's input and nodded at his words. "Well, this is a matter that can wait until tomorrow, can't it? I decided to take her on as a student. I'll see Hayami tomorrow morning and can ask her then." Lady Tsunade smirked, happy with her decision to just ask Hayami herself. Jiraiya and Kakashi then left her office after excusing themselves.

'Regardless, I'll still have to notify the Raikage of the Chinoike Clan's demise and Hayami's predicament. More paperwork and sad letters to write...' Tsunade thought to herself, laying her head down on her desk.

That same evening had come and gone. The group of teenage shinobi spent their afternoon and evening showing Hayami around the village and telling her all the cool places she had to visit soon. Speaking for the majority of the group, they began to get attached to Hayami and saw her as someone they could get close to. Many of the more intuitive teenagers could tell she was trying to put her best foot forward and forget about recent horrific events. Even if it was just for a little, Hayami's mind was subconsciously trying to push those memories of her clan to the back of her head and out of mind.