Stipulated Training

"What is all this?" Hayami asked the Cloud ninja who was escorting her into a large training hall. What had caught her attention and made her question what was happening was the pile of scrolls in the middle of the room. Not just small and dinky scrolls- large ones that resembled summoning scrolls.

"You have some reading to do before you can start training." The ninja gave a simple answer before turning around to leave.

"What?! I'm already being held here against my will and now I have homework to do?" She was answered by the slamming of a door and a subtle snicker coming from the person on the other side. The training hall was huge to say the least, but it was totally deserted besides Hayami and the pile of scrolls staring her down. 

'You've gotta be kidding me.' She groaned and internally complained before trudging forward. As soon as Hayami reached the scrolls, the door opened to reveal a decrepit old man.

"And you are...?" Hayami mumbled out to herself, sort of hoping the old man would just introduce himself.

The man with some sort of fancy headdress and exquisite looking robes only moved closer to the young woman who was eying him suspiciously. Before she could open it again, he swiftly took out a cane and hit her on the shoulder with it, causing her to drop to the ground in shock.

"Who are you and what the hell was that for?" She rubbed her shoulder before quickly standing up and scooching away from the strange man. The girl wore a suspicious expression over her normally gentle facial features.

He shook his head, disappointment flashing all over his face. "That's such a shame, Chinoike. You don't even recognize your own home village's Feudal Lord when you see him."

As soon as he identified himself, Hayami scowled at the man. Memories of her clan elders sharing their dislike for the man came to mind. She recalled hearing how the intense pacifistic attitude he took allowed the Chinoike to progress down the downward spiral they had flooded in to her mind. 'This is the man who runs the perfect pacifistic Yugakure. The same Yugakure that housed my clan which went down a downward spiral that resulted in their-' 

She was pulled from her train of thought by the man who grabbed her shoulder and pushed her down to the floor, sitting her right in front of the scrolls. "Read." Is all he said.

'This man doesn't seem like a pacifist at all... is he really the same Feudal Lord that left the Chinoike Clan to their own demise in Hell Valley?'

"What is this stuff? Are these summoning scrolls? Is there some sort of secret summoning that only I can do or is it something super cool animal that has been passed down throughout the heads of my clan? What is it?" Her eyes perked up as she picked up a heavy scroll, messing with the latch that kept it closed.

'Oh shit... if I get to learn something like a summoning, I bet Tsunade-Sensei will be pretty damn impressed!' Hayami smiled, thinking about what she might get to learn. However her smile fell when she looked back to the Feudal Lord's cold and calculated eyes. 'I'll make the best out of this, even if I do have to deal with this guy and he's giving me homework right now. That's what everyone in the Leaf would do and I know that's what Kaori would do, they'd use this opportunity to get stronger and make the best out of it. Especially Naruto, he'd really push himself to become better but I'm not sure how he'd feel getting reading material shoved in his face.' She thought back to the man with an exquisite headdress in front of her. 

'I wonder if he feels bad about what happened to my family, if he knew all along what was going on or that it would eventually happen. Dammit, I need to focus on what I'm supposed to be doing instead of dwelling on this.'