Leaving The Leaf

Hayami's confused disposition appeared and her mouth hung slightly ajar. These words seemed like word salad to her, not making any sense when strung together in her head. As much as she wanted to answer her sensei, she just couldn't make out a complete sentence. "W-What..." was the best she could muster in her state of shock.

"I'm sure you heard me, Hayami. You have to leave the Leaf. Unfortunately, you can't call Konoha your home anymore."

The vibrancy and sunshine Hayami had been basking in for the past few days shattered. She felt herself get pulled back into a dark atmosphere. Even the brilliant sage green of Tsunade's kimono was dull to her. Hayami's own hands paled, no longer looking as tan as before. Her entire field of vision grew lackluster in color.

This wonderful place she found, this place she had vowed to protect, and this place she had met Naruto and found herself all over again was now out of her grasp. Her first shot at a family was slaughtered by one another and now her second shot at a family was being stolen away from her.

'No.... no, no, no. This isn't fair. None of it was fair to me. And I'm starting to think it'll never be fair. Why can't I just stay here. I'm really happy here now...' Hayami's head was filled to the brim with thoughts that contradicted her new positive outlook she was trying to instill in herself.

As Hayami continued to search for words and only turn up with incomplete sentences, laced with despair and a plea for help, a group of ninja neared Tsunade's office. Team 7, having just dropped off Sora at the main gate, came to report and discuss the whole thing with the Hokage. Naruto, Sakura, Sai, Kakashi, and Yamato all closed in on the door to Tsunade's messy office.

Naruto, who had since shed his bandages from this morning and changed into his normal civilian clothes, was about to stroll right into the office but stopped when he heard what sounded to be of crying. Sakura and Sai, both standing off to the side of Naruto, heard the sad voice as well. They instinctively pushed themselves in closer to eavesdrop, just like Naruto did.

"Tsunade-Sensei, please! I don't want to leave, there's gotta be something you can do! PLEASE!" Hayami begged. She bowed her head as she felt tears prick her eyes.

From the other side of the door, Naruto's head perked up as he immediately rushed closer to press himself to the door. Just as he was about to open the door, Kakashi grabbed the back of his jacket, effectively holding him back. "Would you knock it off, you can't just barge in there." Kakashi whisper-yelled to his student.

"But it sounds like something is going on with Hayami, let me go Kakashi-Sensei!" Naruto said, trying to get free of his sensei's grasp.

"I-I found people that I care about and want to protect." Her voice began in a feeble whisper. "P-Please don't send me wherever it is you're thinking about sending me, Tsunade-Sensei! I-I don't know anyone, I'll have no family, no home, nowhere to stay. Please, please, PLEASE-" Hayami continued on, she naturally raised her voice when she began repeating the word 'please'.

"ENOUGH!" Tsunade roared, quickly cutting off the girl's pleas to stay in the Leaf.

"THAT'S IT. LET ME GO, KAKASHI-SENSEI!" Naruto wriggled out of his teacher's grasp who was also distracted by the conversation. Naruto flung open the door to the Hokage's office and immediately stormed over to Tsunade's desk and slammed his hands down. "WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA GRANNY, WHAT'S GOING ON?"

"I suggest you get your hands off my desk right now, Naruto." With that, Naruto slowly retracted his hands and turned to look at Hayami who was standing in the middle of the room with silent tears falling down her face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked her in a much more gentle tone than the one he had just used with Lady Tsunade. She looked up to reveal her irritated, purple eyes with tears still leaking out of them. Naruto rested his hands on her shoulders and pulled her into a hug. "Whatever it is, it'll be alright, ya know." Naruto cooed soothingly. Everyone in the room was utterly amazed that Naruto knew how to control his emotions like that, especially with someone he just met not too long ago.