Fūinjutsu

Hayami tried her best to get settled into the unfurnished apartment. There was a bed with some blankets and a pillow in a small side bedroom. In the living room there was a worn down couch and a small coffee table in front of it. Sure enough, just as Tsunade promised, her belongings were also in the apartment. Thankfully, there was a bundle of apples on her kitchen counter.

Hayami ran an apple underneath some water and then began to bit into the piece of red fruit. She walked around her apartment and took note of its characteristics. The apartment was not incredibly run down but it did look quite baron. There was not anything else besides basic and essential pieces of furniture. No family photos or pieces of art to give the place its own personality were present anywhere in the apartment. Hayami continued to much on her apple as she made her way into the bedroom. The twin-sized bed was in the corner of the room, pressed up against the wall in the room that housed a window. 

"This isn't too much but I suppose it's somewhere warm to sleep." She muttered, making her way back to the kitchen to throw away her apple core. Hayami went through her nightly routine of showering, brushing her teeth, and washing her face. She got ready for bed and slipped underneath the thin covers. Even though Hayami was utterly exhausted from the tumultuous day she had just had, she still had to fight to make herself sleep.

"Get it together, Hayami." She mumbled to herself, turning on her side to gaze out the window. The midnight blue sky was filled with a crescent moon and a couple dozen stars that resembled a coin catching the light on the sidewalk. "You just saw it happen for the second time but that's as probably as bad as it can get." Hayami was referring to herself being forced to re-watch the self-destruction and implosion of the Chinoike Clan just an hour or so ago. 

'You need to go to sleep. You have to sleep.' Hayami continued to repeat this mantra to herself until she eventually passed out from exhaustion. 

~~~~

"Alright child, let's get to it." Hekima Chinoike, the female Head of the Chinoike Clan, addressed her now fourteen year old daughter. "Are you ready to train?"

"Absolutely mother, let's get started!" Hayami, her brown hair at this point was reaching just a little past her shoulder blades. Hayami quickly tied up her hair into a high ponytail and cracked her neck from side to side. She moved around and stretched to get ready for another day of grueling ninjutsu training. Hayami did some jumping jacks and ran in place to get her blood pumping.

"So what're we doing today? A genjutsu? A water release jutsu? OH- how about another one for my kekkei genkai? Those are my favorite ones! C'mon mother, you can't leave me hanging here!"

"It's too early in the morning for your blabbering, Hayami." Hekima began to laugh as she shook her head from side to side.

Hayami nervously rubbed the back of her head before letting out a small laugh. "Oh, sorry mom. But what is it? What're we doing today?" Sparkles appeared in Hayami's eyes, ones that haven't been present since before her sixteenth birthday a few days ago.

"Calm down, child. We aren't doing a genjutsu today." Her mother notified Hayami.

"Ah! So it must be a ninjutsu? Can I fire up my Ketsuryūgan yet? C'mon is it a kekkei genkai ninjutsu or a water release jutsu, oh- or is it yin release?" Hayami continued to pester her mother.

"NO!" Her mother lightly slapped the back of her head before snickering, not that either."

"Ouch..." She rubbed the back of her head before shrugging it off. "So what is it then?"