The Sadist of Yugakure

Hidan let out a short yelp before smirking maniacally. "Oh look, it's the Ketsuryūgan! So up close and personal! Kakuzu, Kakuzu, look!"

"Whatever. Just get a move on." The masked man looked just as uninterested as he had at the beginning of the interaction. This caused a frustrated sigh to escape Hidan's lips.

Hayami's eyes had already changed to a terrifying blood red, she wasted no time in making a quick hand sign for inducing a dream-like genjutsu. "Genjutsu: Ketsuryūgan." Hidan's smirk left as he quickly got ready to battle, however, he made the mistake of meeting her gaze before he adverted his eyes.

Before Hidan could make a move, his entire body was frozen in place. Hayami, having ignored the urge to run at him with a chakra-infused punch, opted for a genjutsu of special nature to see what was actually inside his mind. This was a technique that Tsunade advised her on starting with when facing an unknown opponent. Sure, they may get upset Hayami tossed them in a genjutsu but her genjutsu abilities when using the Ketsuryūgan were nothing to scoff at. She was borderline on par with that of the Sharingan when it came to genjutsu.

'I'm putting mine and Kaori's life on the line here so the least I can do is try and figure out who exactly we're up against. With my genjutsu, I can search his memories, look for glimpses of past fights and try to get a hint about his jutsu and how it works. Tsunade-Sensei said with even more diligent training, I'd be able to hold my own against something like the Mangekyou Sharingan. Fingers crossed once he's under, he'll stay under and we can finish this quickly.' Hayami thought quickly. It was totally out of the ordinary for her to start with a less understated and flashy technique. 

The genjutsu originating from the Ketsuryūgan housed special properties that normal genjutsu lacked. Hayami was able to briefly turn someone into a mindless drone, trap them in a dream-like state, or delve deep into their mind and view their memories. That last quality is what Hayami was aiming for with this new enemy. "Kaori, get ready to attack when I say so. He's under my genjutsu and I will get my answers about this little group and why they're after jinchūriki."

"Yeah, I got it." Kaori ran to stand at a close to middle range stance away from Hidan, gearing up for when Hayami's genjutsu broke. 

She was shocked by Hayami's growth; even though the girl had gotten much stronger, in most areas of jutsu no less, she began to think rationally and not expose her strength right away. 'Look at her, that kid sure has grown a lot since she got to Konoha. Knowing she was Lady Tsunade's student, I'd expect her to charge in with a chakra-packed punch right away. But we don't know a thing about him and she certainly isn't forgetting the rest of her strengths in the slightest! Oh man, Hayami has grown up in the short time she's been in the Leaf, that's for sure.'

Hayami kept her focus as she plunged into the memories and thoughts of her opponent. She saw a younger version of the man in front of her slaughtering citizens of the Land of Hot Water, sacrificing them to some make believe god. She saw him in some sort of altered appearance, a black and white skeleton covering his previously pale skin. He stood in a blood-made circle mimicking the symbol he wore around his neck. Something else was odd, the memory began to get slightly fuzzy but it almost looked like he and his opponent doubled over in pain at the same time. Hayami saw him strike a line through his headband with a kunai, abandoning his village, and then getting picked up by the Akatsuki.

Everything in-between that moment and him killing the Two-Tails jinchūriki was blank, a complete blur. It was simply static noise, nothing to see or hear. 'T-This is insane... who even is this guy? From everything I saw, he should be dead. I-Is he immortal? No way, that's impossible. But why is everything wiped? It's just gone- his entire time in this organization that's hunting down people like Naruto is just gone!' Hayami's thoughts raced as she brought herself and Hidan out of the genjutsu.